• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

marigolds

xSarahx

Warren Scout
Hiya! :wave:

Is there a type of marigold that is best for buns to eat, or ones they like they most?
I want to plant some in the garden next to the Ox Eye daisies for the babies to graze on in the summer.

Any green fingered bunny mums out there who can shed a little light?

When talking about eating plants can the buns eat the whole plant?? Now I sound a bit thick :S

I'm undertaking research in what plants are safe for bunnies to eat as I have an allotment and want to grow things for the bunnies to munch on...

Calendula Officinalis, is a great one ( common pot marigold). Really easy to grow. Double flowered ones have more beneficial properties than the single flowered varieties. Buns love em!:D

I think you would probably want to just stick to marigold flowers and leve the leaves to do their stuff..not because they toxic but because they don't produce a lot of green.

nasturtiums...everything can be fed..the leaves are lovely and peppery and you can pickle the seeds like capers.

Other flowers are violets/panseys, roses, lavender (if you bun is not expecting). YOu could also give them strawberry, rapberry and black current leaves.

And rose petals and prunings. Mu buns go crazy when they see me walking towards the roses with a pair of secataurs in my hand!!

Back