• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits Bursting for the Loo - UPDATE *We have Wee!*

elve

Banned
:roll: Poor Maa - not only has she decided (with 2 litter trays for months using one as a toilet) that BOTH her trays will be kept pristine, hence she's bursting for a wee and has blood in her wee too - she now won't do poo in it either :( She didn't come out at all yesterday evening as it was pouring with rain, and she was eating her breakfast SO slowly this morning I was worried - She ended up clawing at the wire to be let out for the toilet, and had done a caecal poop whilst eating :( All OK with poops on the patio, but once back in her hutch she sat in another caecal poop - something she's never done before :roll: I guess just having eaten breakfast she didn't want to eat it :(

So I've finally resorted to removing toilet tray - she just has the big hay box now - It was a nightmare cleaning patterned pavers in her run, but I'd rather that than her make herself ill - barmy bunny :roll: And all because it rained last night - honestly just one tiny detail and the whole pack of cards comes down regards a rabbit's health - they are sooooooo delicately balanced :(

I'm so upset to think of breeders and petshops flogging them as easy pets for children this Easter, when the only reason there's 30,000 in rescue is because they are anything but easy pets - it's so irresponsible producing animals that are doomed because they need more care than most can give :(

Last edited:
awwwww poor Maa... such strange little buggas. you havent told her about the op have you? i swear they know what the vets do to them and make our lives hell to repay us....

yeah she's probably psychic - all bunnies are :rolleyes: Son is getting in a tizzy over losing her with the op - she's the best bunny in the world (except for yours of course ;)) - but she is an unusually sweet girly bun :)

awwww yes the op itself, not sure i could go thro a gal bun op... i dont blame your lad at all...

altho she does sound like she isnt gonna let a little op upset her for too long aslong as her little trays are clean shes a happy bun ;)

Aww bless Maa, she does sound wonderful Elve :) She will be fine with her spay. Im sending lots of poopy vibes and wee ones too ;)

:wave: thank you :D She managed fine with 2 GAs when I first got her, for her eye - I just hope she recovers as fast with a gut op - especially since she's going to be next to my bed till she does - I'm only getting 4hrs sleep a night as it is I think I'll be down to 2 next week as last time she shared my bedroom I got thumped at all the time :lol:

Aww good luck for the op x

I was just going to say that Mo sounds like she would be a great housebun. If she is that particular about where to wee and poopy and not wanting to get her hutch dirty.... She may love it! Have you thought about trying her out as a housebun? :Dxxx

Aww good luck for the op x

I was just going to say that Mo sounds like she would be a great housebun. If she is that particular about where to wee and poopy and not wanting to get her hutch dirty.... She may love it! Have you thought about trying her out as a housebun? :Dxxx

Funnily enough she hated being in the house after her eye op - I kept her in for a month or two and she just hid under the bed - wouldn't leave the room and looked very depressed. So I put her in the kitchen, near the back door - she went mad :lol: I opened that door and she was off like a rocket - I know she'll hate being indoors this time too - she just seems so afraid somehow - I'll put her out again ASAP - just hope she doesn't have any complications :roll: I'm doomed really - 4 days bank holiday she's BOUND to need the vets again - it's a bunny tradition :rolleyes:

Funnily enough she hated being in the house after her eye op - I kept her in for a month or two and she just hid under the bed - wouldn't leave the room and looked very depressed. So I put her in the kitchen, near the back door - she went mad :lol: I opened that door and she was off like a rocket - I know she'll hate being indoors this time too - she just seems so afraid somehow - I'll put her out again ASAP - just hope she doesn't have any complications :roll: I'm doomed really - 4 days bank holiday she's BOUND to need the vets again - it's a bunny tradition :rolleyes:

:love::love: Aww bless what a character!!!:lol: That is one very contrary Mobun!! I'll keep all fingers and paws crossed that she has a easy op and healing afterwards. :)

thank you :D oooh well Maa is looking tons better and happier today - must be because she's not bursting for the loo with tummy ache and crossed legs all day :roll: I cut her pellets and let her out every couple of hours for a wee, having removed the litter tray - she still won't wee even on the concrete floor in the run - it HAS to be the patio it seems :roll: What in the world will she do in my bedroom in a cage for days? :shock: When I think how she must have been suffering this past week trying to hold it half the day and all night :( She's back to her old bouncy self now, and poos are looking huge and golden again :D

Im so please Maa is feeling better in her self. Im sure she will feel OK to peep and poop in her indoor home after her op Elve :) Sending lots of love to Maa and more vibes xx

Only just caught this thread. I don't blame you for postponing the spay. It's so strange that she won't pee anywhere but the patio. :shock:

I totally agree with you about bunnies being ridiculously delicate pets - every chance I get I try to put people off getting one 'for the kids' when I hear conversations. I know some of my friends do too, given my experiences!

yeah it's very frustrating! I've had her nearly 3 years - perfectly litter trained till about a year ago, when she decided to keep her hay in her litter tray clean by hopping out and going on the floor next to it :roll: Unfortunately the pavers their runs are on have carving on them, so it's a nightmare cleaning dirty litter out of the grooves - they are just the same width as a bunny poop and I'm sweeping for ever and flicking it all in my face/hair :lol:

So I eventually hit upon the idea of putting a tiny cat litter tray in the corner - just enough room next to her hay box - and it worked brilliant till last week - I cleaned it every morning, full of wee and poops, no problem - so easy - Then some hay from her hay box/tray overflowed into the litter tray - she made a bed in it and hasn't weed in it since, even though it was cleaned out and no hay in - entire hutch was cleaned :roll:

After I'd booked her spay last week I realised it was 4 days since I'd needed to clean the litter tray :shock: and she was still drinking as usual, but looking very uncomfortable, eating slowly, staggering out of her hutch in the morning etc - tiny poops, uneaten caecals, and blood spots in her wee - so I panicked like you do :roll: Poor thing had her legs crossed for hours (metaphorically speaking ;)) - as I used to let the group of 4 out for a run first - because if I let Maa out first she pees by the shed door and a fight breaks out in the shed from referred aggression :roll: Nothing's ever simple is it? :rolleyes:

Anyway I now let her out every 3 hours except between 11pm and 8am - when she's still holding it - I'm hoping a new hutch will break the habit, because it is just a silly habit she's got into - they do that kind of thing and it becomes like an OCD for them :?

It does sound like a strange OCD-like thing, doesn't it? She just wants to be a super-clean bunny! :lol: Really hope you can solve it soon.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Never thought I'd be so happy having to clean out a litter tray! :lol:

I'm so glad all my hard work yesterday wasn't in vain (boy was I whacked :roll:) - and THANKS to anyone who sent pee-vibes :thumb:

WOOOHOO! :p (and no blood in it neither :D)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Never thought I'd be so happy having to clean out a litter tray! :lol:

I'm so glad all my hard work yesterday wasn't in vain (boy was I whacked :roll:) - and THANKS to anyone who sent pee-vibes :thumb:

WOOOHOO! :p (and no blood in it neither :D)

whoooop whoooop whooooop gooooooo maa :D:D

glad you got wee....i was going to suggest a concrete slab and a 360 degree photo of your patio to fool her but obviously not needed.

Back