• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed Convertion - Shelf Height?

Madmoo

Alpha Buck
Hi All
Finalising plans for my bunny shed. I want to put in some shelving around two of the sides so that the buns have different layers to explore and play. Im just wondering what height would people suggest if Im going to leave the shelf open i.e. no sides to it.

Hope this makes sense! lol

Hi Ange.

I will be watching this thread with interest as I want to put shelves in my Jemima and Henry's wendy house when it stops raining and need some ideas.

I was given some timber by a kind soul on Freecycle and can't quite decide how best to use it for shelves. It's either that or make them a big box to put in the wendy house instead. It wouldn't have a bottom so that it can just fit over their litter trays.

Helen

I guess if you aren't putting a side on then maybe no more than two foot? Probably one to be on the safe side I'd say but thats just from a personal view.

Hi All
Finalising plans for my bunny shed. I want to put in some shelving around two of the sides so that the buns have different layers to explore and play. Im just wondering what height would people suggest if Im going to leave the shelf open i.e. no sides to it.

Hope this makes sense! lol

MY 1st shelf height is 2ft then the 2nd floor is 3ft from floor

I like the idea of shelves but waiting for the warmer weather :lol: I just have a 4ft hutch with door perm open for Henry :) He cn jump ontop of it too so there is no wasted space :)

mine have a patio chair in their shed - gives them an extra level and I've seen 3 girls crammed onto it so far - the arms stop them falling off :lol:

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the replies - very helpful. Now just got to pray for the rain to stay off today so I can empty all the contents (camping stuff, etc) from my shed into Hubby's shed - how posh are we - his & her sheds!! lol: If I can get that done then I can go and get the vinyl flooring, etc.

The actual shelving wont go in for a few weeks yet as bunnies are still separated (until Harvey has been to have his pockets picked) :oops: So plan is to put them in their section of the shed in their hutches, letting them out individually for the time being. Hutches are a fair size so dont think shelving will go in yet. They are due their VHD jabs end of next week then Harvey off for his little op two weeks after that.

Gives me time to collect materials tho - will keep you posted.

I'd go about 18" for jumping down, higher if there is a step. You can layer shelves (like big steps) eg have a shelf 2' up and 1' deep with one below 1' up and 2' deep so neither shelf has a drop of more than 1'.

Tam

Back