• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding- Please help

MelanieO

Young Bun
Hello everyone,
This is my first post on the forum, I used to have french lops years ago but I am really starting again with being a rabbit owner.
I now have a netherland dwarf called Alfie who is just a year old who I have took in after his owner could not afford to pay for his ongoing illness of pasteurella. I decided to get him a lady friend to help keep him company and help keep him clean.
Harriet is a 4 month old dwarf lop who is the newest member to our family. She has been with us know for about 2 months and lives in an indoor cage next to Alfie to allow each other to smell and get to know each other. We started trying to bond then asap but I need help!!
Harriet loves to chase Alfie and puts her head under him and nibbles him. I then made the area smaller to stop Alfie being able to run but still hide if he wanted to. This went well and she began grooming. He has never groomed her, he is very timid but does go over to her and investigate and has mounted her a few times.
I am really asking for help and advice please because I am unsure if they will ever be able to live together as the bonding has been happening now for just over 2 months. She grooms him but also bites him so Im not sure what stage they are at as It is all new to me.
Thanks everyone

Hi:wave: Welcome to the forum. I'm not much help with the bonding as i got Sooz22 to do mine:oops: at her rescue but it sounds like your two are doing okay. Hopefully this will bump the post up and you'll get some better advice:D

Back