• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm Speachless

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I know I can't say too much here, but today we went to a "rescue" that is quite well known in it's area ( it's not in bedfordshire). My God, we couldn't believe the state of the place and the infomation they gave was ridiculous. We both left feeling sick, tearful and completely gobsmacked.

We also left with a bunny, who will be going straight to the vets on Monday morning and is at this moment tucking into veg.

We are now both going in the bath as we feel dirty, Steve says he wants to incinerate his clothes :shock::shock:

I am never going there again :cry::cry:

Thats what we were wondering, but wouldn't be surprised if the rspca take bunnies to them. If we do report them we will leave it a week or so as they will probably put two and two together and they have my details now.

If it wasn't such a well known place I wouldn't hesitate

very interested as to which one it was. As you know i live near you and wandering if i know the place although don't think i do as not seen one like you describe. are you allowed to pm me it:roll:

I went to one like you mention in Essex, it was appauling, and made me cry, I reported them to the rspca, they said they would get back to me for an update, and never did, this was discussed on the g p forum, and people on there were saying that the rspca take animals to this rescue, so won't do anything about it. I was very upset with the conditions.

Do the RSPCA actually take the rabbits there personally though?

I often get calls that have come via the RSPCA and as you know I have two RSPCA seized rabbits now but the RSPCA have never once set foot here....so really the fact I have RSPCA rabbits dosn't mean a thing when it comes to them condoning the care/accomodation I give.

Im sure if someone reported me they would have to investigate and would expect the same with any rescue, I know its happened to people on here before.

Have you spoke to the owners of the rescue and tried to give them advice on how to care for their animals? Maybe it is purely down to ignorance and misinformation and not deliberate poor care.

Have you spoke to the owners of the rescue and tried to give them advice on how to care for their animals? Maybe it is purely down to ignorance and misinformation and not deliberate poor care.

Looking at the state of the rabbit over in care there is noway they could not have noticed that the rabbit was unwell and it appears they may have told a few fibs too.

If we do report them we will leave it a week or so as they will probably put two and two together and they have my details now.

wow that is a bit of a difficult one really. :shock: Do you think the people there could tell by your reactions to the place that you disapproved do you think? How many rabbits did they have? I assume she never bothered doing a homecheck on you before rehoming a rabbit to you then?

I would definitely inform the RSPCA though as I don't think you're conscience will let you ignore it. If you feel better waiting a week or two then I don't think it will make much more difference.

Do we get to see pictures of new bunny?? :D

Looking at the state of the rabbit over in care there is noway they could not have noticed that the rabbit was unwell and it appears they may have told a few fibs too.

Are you talking about the same rescue? have you seen it now too? What sort of fibs?

I'm fairly near Bedford (15 ish miles) although you say it's not actually there. Maybe other people could go and have a look without giving the game away, what do you think?

wow that is a bit of a difficult one really. :shock: Do you think the people there could tell by your reactions to the place that you disapproved do you think? How many rabbits did they have? I assume she never bothered doing a homecheck on you before rehoming a rabbit to you then?

I would definitely inform the RSPCA though as I don't think you're conscience will let you ignore it. If you feel better waiting a week or two then I don't think it will make much more difference.

Do we get to see pictures of new bunny?? :D

There are pics in the care section :cry: and and in pics and stories. :)

There was over 20 buns that I saw and some out the back that I couldn't see and were not available for rehoming.

I did try to disagree with them on certain points but they were having none of it. You would not believe some of the stuff they came out with.

There were no home checks you just take a picture of your set up

I would definitely report them, well known or not. If you don't get any joy from the RSPCA you could always go to a local paper and see if they can get a reporter to go along 'wanting to adopt a rabbit'...

Looking at the state of that poor bunny you rescued from there it does sound as if something needs doing for the sake of the animals remaining there!

Back