• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They can leave Mum Monday!!!

Teepee

Mama Doe
:wave:

I have just returned from Paris (2:30am arrival home - darn the M4 section closure!!) and called the lady that I am having my 2 buns from this morning to check that they were well and to see what day next week I'd be allowed to bring them to their "forever home"...MONDAY!!:D

I can drop my girls at school and pick them up on my way home (which will be good as it means that they'll have all day minus any "sneeky little children peeping" to disturb them.) I can't believe that I am 32 years old and SO excited!!!:lol:

I have everything sorted but the food (which I will purchase this weekend but wanted to know what they are fed now) - they are on a diet of hay and a museli type mix from our local garden centre...intend buying this and then gradually introducing a pellet to compliment the hay over the next few weeks.

Any-ho! They are still not sexed (apparently the vets can't tell...???) but I intend ASSUMING that they are a male/female pair to avoid any "accidents" and then taking them to my (already selected!;)) vet once they are settled.

I also intend giving poor Mum a soft toy (to help her "get over" babies going) and a little "thank you" rabbit-type toy for her enjoyment (suggestions on that one welcome but I quite like those balls that you put hay in that I spied on another thread...) That's the only thing tarnishing my excitment really - the thought of Mum being lonely until Dad is neutered and returned (and I'm not sure when that will be...) Any other suggestions in helping Mum "get over" all her babies going also welcome - she is a lovely tame lady bless her heart (she certainly didn't mind me stroking her or the lady's children all handling her little ones according to said lady) and the thought of her being unhappy kind of "pulls at my heart"...One of her babies went yesterday, so with me taking another 2 Monday and the last 2 going the day after they are leaving in a very short space of time for her to get quickly used to them being gone...:( SO SUGGESTIONS...*please???:(*

Appart from Mum making me a tad sad I am MOST looking forward to being a PROPER rabbit owner again (as I am a member of this forum up until Monday merely as an "owner to be".) Would like to say that I feel that I go into rabbit "Mummyhood" 100% better informed than I was in having Parsley (a single male rabbit I had many moons ago) and I have the members of this forum to largely thank for that: THANK YOU!!!

All the best,

TP;) - More than a little excited!!

TY XMissySJX!:D...Can I be as rude as to ask if you may have any tips (as I note you have a few buns!) with regards to quick "settling in" for baby rabbits and for poor lonely Mum bun?

TP;)

:wave:
I am sure mum won,t be too bothered at all.She will be glad of the rest:D
Your two little ones should settle down quickly.They will be nervous for a while but they soon come round:D
Please take pics:D:D

I will try Becca, but I don't have a "scanner thingy"...my OH claims that his mobile will be able to take pics and send them to my computer via e-mail...just need establish how to get pics from there to forum and will be sorted!!:D

You SURE mum "won't mind"??? Kinda feel for her to be truthful as (until such date as Dad comes back...if EVER if I suspect rightly!!!) it seems to me a "big jump" from 2 buns to 1 (adult) bun + babies to just 1 bun (Mum) so quickly for...who the heck knows how long, I am beginning to wonder...

I feel sorry for her and as a result it is playing on my mind. If I am to believe what I'm told then Dad is coming back to keep her company soon...just a "nagging doubt" that is going to happen however, and in that thinking REALLY want to do all I can for Mum while I can.:(

TP;)

i find its best to leave them to it and watch from afar for a day or do to settle in, and the first few times u go to the hutch/cage, dont instantly try to pick them up, sit by the door with a treat, sop its 'oh a treat' n they come up to of their own accord, not'big scary hand coming to grab me' you wan thrm to associate you with good things :D:D

Thanks XMissySJX! Will do so.

VERY excited! Keep going to check hutch (now indoors) and all things rabbit-concerned to "make sure" for the millionth time all is ready...I have also "twisted the OH's arm" (not even mildly - he who is "not excited" had little problem in saying "okay"!!:lol:) to buying a £4.99 lovely little feeding bowl with carrots around the edge for them...:D

JUST need my buns now to fill my waiting home...

ROLL ON MONDAY!!!!!

TP;)

I shouldn't think Mum will be affected by them going as I'm pretty sure rabbits don't suffer from the "empty nest syndrome" like humans do:lol:. As has been said already. the babies will be fine as they are coming together and will be busy exploring their new surroundings. Leave them for a couple of days to get settled in and they'll be great. Photos can be transferred into a folder on your pc and then into an online album(most people here seem to use photobucket) and then it's easy to transfer them from that to the forum. I'm sure Monday isn't going to come quickly enough for you:D

I got loads of toys and give piper teddys when we took her kits - i did have the advtange of keeping one of her babys tho so i dont think she was bothered

Awwww! Thanks for advice. Will firstly work on getting pics to PC and then go from there...and very well MAY end up asking help on that one as THICK with IT!!!:oops:

COME ON MONDAY!!!:D

TP;)

Back