• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question for Bun Shed Mums/Dads

sonnet

Alpha Buck
Hoping all of you that have bun sheds/playhouses can offer some advice...

What base have you got your sheds/playhouses on - concrete base, paving slabs or timber bearers? Did you find it easy to lay? I'm getting a new shed for Merlin soon (once I can find one that has everything he requires!) & my dad will be doing the base for me & it will be going on a soil area.
Hope someone can advise - thanx :thumb:

:wave:Hello my shed and my dog kennel/run is on paving slabs.OH said they were easy to lay:D:D

Paving slabs. But we left gaps between of 5 or 6 inches, and it noticeable when we're walking about the shed. When we do it again (moving away from our student house summer 2009) we'll be using paving slabs again but no gaps.

Also have a very muddy garden, and a paving slap footpath to the shed.

And they were cheap and easy to lay.

My Playhouse is on Slabs...
It works really well becaue the playhouse is on grass, so it has somthing to stand om! x

Ours is on timber bearings on gravel. We were limited as to what we can do as we don't want to reck the garden, since we are renting. I think it was easy to put up, o/h did it all by himself in a few hours leaning it against the fence whilst I was out. It is 8 X 10

Back