• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes needed for 3 week old continental giant

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
Today I rescued a baby continental giant who is only 3 weeks old :shock::cry:(i cant go into details of the rescue) he should still be with his mother all i can say is i feel totally crushed now towards the human race :cry: I thought id seen it all but i cannot describe how im feeling at the moment i could just scream :evil: I also took in a female frenchie who,s very skinny and who,s eyes are extremely sore :cry::cry: now she,ll get the vetinery care she needs.Its more the baby im worried about:cry:being so young, he is currently snuggled up with a teddy on a heatpad he was being fed dodson and horrel pellets can anyone give me any advice wether i should be doing anything else to give him the best poss chance:cry::cry:

oh no! unfortunatly i havent got any advice to give...but me and my buns are sending lots of vibes for your little rescues!!!xxxxxxxxxx

Got any lactol? I'd be inclined to give a warm bowl/bottle to him.

Poor baby, I know you'll do your best for him though :)

What a poor bunny.

Not really got any experience of such a young rabbit but I would make sure he has probiotics to help his gut flora.

Lots of vibes

FC xx

I would feed baby full fat goat's milk, warmed to body temperature. Baby might drink the goat's milk from a bottle/bowl but if not you will need to feed him/her via a kitten feeder/syringe.
I would also add a probiotic to the milk. If you have a known to be healthy adult Rabbit you could harvest some caecotrophs from him/her and mix them in with some of the pellet feed.

Good Luck

Janex

Back