• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Male or Female?

Austin_3

New Kit
Im thinking about getting a rabbit :D and now is the time to think about male or female....... :? :? :? :? :?
What im am trying to figure out are what the pros and cons are to have a male/female. I would love to hear what you have to say.

If you have any information that will be uselful please post.

Thanks, Austin

I think one of each:D:D
My Angel lost her partner a week ago:cry::cry:
She looks so sad and lonely.
Will yours be a house bunny or outdoor?

:wave: there's even more to choose from than male/female though - such as how old? rescue or breeder? one or 2? or maybe 6? :lol: I would personally always prefer an adult, neutered bunny from a rescue - simply because although babies are soooo cute, they get to 'teenager' stage at around 5 months old and become cute terrors :roll: An adult has calmed down, especially if neutered, and you can see if they are easy to handle, affectionate, playful or whatever :)

Hiya welcome to RU.:wave:

As regards boy or girl, it really is a personal choice. Things you my want to think about are neuter costs as the operation to spay the girls is generally a more complex surgery and more expensive than a boy's neuter and unspayed girls do have the potential to get a bit hormonal at times and also have aan increased chance of uterine problems by the time they are three. The boys can be 'sprayers' if left un neutered, so if it were to be a cost exercise, a boy would b cheaper on the surgery front. :D. Personally I'd have one of each then no decision to be made!:lol:

Im thinking of getting a young rabbit. It will be an indoor rabbit. Until the summer and then i might make it an outdoor rabbit until the winter. :)

What are the pros and cons for male/female??? :?

in my experience rabbits differ not because they are male or female, but because of their individual personality - they are all so different you can't generalise really :?

mmkay. I really dont care about male or female much, i was just wondering if they like one gender scent marked more than another and stuff like that.
Thanks everyone!
Im really excited for the rabbit on my birthday! :D :D :D :D

Back