• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sarah Has Acute Pneumonia -U/D Sun 16th ....and Yet Another Sick Bun :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Sarah, my 5 year old Rex and Nomad's wife has an acute Pneumonia. She is a very, very poorly Bun and needs as many vibes as possible

:cry:

Janex

Last edited:
Thanks for all the vibes.
Christabel has told me to administer Depocillin and Metacam to Sarah as she feels she needs heavy duty abx straight away. Sarah is still eating and appears to want to fight the acute infection. But OMG her lungs sound dreadful :cry: The left lung is actually whistling on every breath Sarah takes :cry:

Janex

Oh I hope that Sarah gets better and continues to fight this - poor girl, it's so heartbreaking to see and listen to them whilst like this :cry:
Big vibes for Sarah - xxxxx

Sarah remains very dysponeic but is eating and bright within herself. I have a feeling her lower respiratory tract problems might *not* be of a bacterial nature but of someting much more sinister. I have been concerned about Sarah for several weeks and had sort of expected something like this to happen.

During the night Michael became unwell with acute respiratory problems. He then went into anaphalyctic shock after being given a Depocillin injection. I so very nearly lost him :cry: As it all happened very quickly all I could do was hold him and hope. Calling out a Vet at 3am would have been pointless as by the time the Vet arrived Michael would have either died or recovered. Thankfully he did the latter....He still has a respiratory tract infection though but will now have a different abx.

Then at 0500hrs Dermot developed symptoms of yet another of his GI episodes. He appears to be responding to treatment at the moment

Oh My what a night..............:shock:

Janex

Last edited:
Back