• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

has anyone ever used a dome litter box?

My last rabbit raised his butt alot and pee would go everywhere. (even with urine guards. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with dome litter boxes??

I haven't used the dome ones, but use the underbed storage boxes instead as they're about 6-7 inches deep.
Even the giants can't wee over that:lol:

I haven't used the dome ones, but use the underbed storage boxes instead as they're about 6-7 inches deep.
Even the giants can't wee over that:lol:
:lol::lol: I bet they've tried though!

I had a couple with a removeable ledge which seemed to prevent it but I use a storage box now :D

Hello by the way :wave: welcome to RU

I have one but my bun just managed to tip himself over in it two days ago and got trapped and he's only about 2.5kg so not great for large buns. I'm hoping in is a one off though as I had lined it with newspaper and that was what was blovking the entrance.

what do these dome ones look like? ive not seen one.

I use a lidded cat litter tray but i took iff the flap to make it easier to get in, sorrel likes to use it, here's a pic of her nestling in her own filth :rolleyes:

RabbitjoyFeb08007.jpg

My outside buns have a high sided corner one with a little entrance, and Nigel shares the tray with the cat. I tried the compressed wood litter but it breaks up and gets messy, so now we have the white hygeine litter (not the dusty clay stuff)
I had read that some rabbits eat it but he went there from choice and never seems the slightest bit interested in nibbling it - maybe because it has cat wee on it!
Apart from a few raisons he leaves by his food dish (but only at night?) he uses the tray without missing. It's the cat who needs better aim! :lol:

Back