• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Motherly instinct'

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Do you have that motherly kind of instinct when it comes to your buns? I totally do, I knew something was wrong with Jen months before she showed a single symptom :? Nobody else thought she was any different, even rabbity people, but every night I told my Mum (and anyone else that'd listen!) that there was something wrong with her, just couldnt pinpoint what. I just 'knew'...Same the other way round, things like not eating - I seem to instinctively pick up on when not eating is something to worry about, or whether it will just pass with some tummy rubs & run around. Just wondered if anyone else was the same? :) X

Yes, definitely. And with my piggies too. Having the bunnies indoors and them being so prone to GI stasis anyway, I notice the slightest change in their personalities when they are feeling unwell.

Yeah I am exactly the same and you texted me about Jen I remember. You did just "know". I can tell from the slightest thing that there is something wrong with mine. Its weird isn't it. The tiniest detail gets noticed.

I certainly treat them like they are my babies, and I do know that one is not "right" and I have to try and confince my parents that they need a vet.

yup, i know when my bubs are not feeling too great. I can often tell when the dogs at work aren't at their best either.

Hi :wave:
Sorry not posted in a while but I certainly have a maternal instinct when it comes to Tango. My parents think I'm mad!

:lol: Me too :) I can tell the second I walk in the door from work what kind of a mood Smirnoff is in, I even know what she wants when she meows :lol: I can tell if she wants tummy rubs, just to talk to me or to go outside. Nobody else can tell any difference in her meows but its sooooo obvious if they would just listen properly :roll: :lol:

And I do get feelings about the buns sometimes thinking they arent ok but then they are fine, I think with them I just pay too much attention that I get paranoid and start imagining things :oops: I spend way too long checking their litter trays :oops: At least I wont not notice though if they ever arent well :)

Absolutely. I would kill like a she-wolf if anyone or anything tried to harm them and I am also always able to tell when one is ill or about to become ill.

Back