• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Poss sneezing?

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
Sean has just said that Piper is possibly sneezing but he can't really tell. I did think she might have had a runny nose the other day but it wasn't damp or anything and didn't have mucky paws so I left her to it and have been keeping an eye on her.

Should I just keep looking at her and see if she really is sneezing and if she is take her to the vets on Monday or is it urgent and should I try to get an appointment tomorrow to be on the safe side?

I don't know how serious 'colds' are in rabbits.

Helen x

Hi Helen

Oh no, poor Piper. I have no experience of sneezing to be honest but sending vibes your way.

If there is no discharge, it may just be dust from straw or something.

Keep us posted

Lian x

My house bun sneezes from time to time, but I think it's because he's shedding and he gets fur up his nose.

It's usually a couple of sneezes at a time, and there isn't a discharge. He licks his nose after, and occasionally cleans it with his paw, so I'm sure it's fur or dust. As long as there isn't coloured discharge and their eyes are clean thats probably all it is.

If it gets worse then best to go to the vet though.

Check the inside of her "Wrists", and if the fur there a bit matted that means that she has a slight nasal discharge, as buns wipe their noses dry with the inside of their front paws.

It may well be that's it's just one of those bunny mysteries sent to worry us half to death!!:lol:

My Flopsy is an outdoor bun but sneezes from time to time -cannot get to the problem though:roll:

Doesn't have anything on paws or any telltale signs of snuffles:shock:

Back