• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what shall i use for a litter tray?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Poppy and Guinness only mess in the enclosed bit of their hutch hich is about 2' square. I just have newspaer and hay in there so i have to scrub it out quite often to keep it hygenic.

I want a plastic litter tray that will cover the whole of that section to make cleaning easier as they refuse to be confined to a smaller tray. :rolleyes: Does anyone have any idea of whaty I could sue for this purpose? I'm willing to make it myself if you have suggestions for that.

Thanks x x

I use guinea pig cage bases and underbed storage boxes - or you could put 2 small cat litter trays side by side maybe? :)

My two like to wee in their bedroom aswell as downstairs of their hutch, so I have got a low level flat-ish cat litter tray so doesnt seem anydifferent to them in their bedroom, makes cleaning easier though

Any plastic box of the right size would do:D
I use a cat litter-box and a large triangle box for rabbits for Sasuke:) He uses the cat-box the most, the triangle box is just there because he tends to leave droppings in the opposite side of the cage. :roll:

I will have a look for a dog bed or storage box, ta guys. I tried with a few cat litter trays side by side but i didnt like who they had to jump over the bits where they met :lol:

Back