• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Rabbit books have you got?

Kay

Mama Doe
I have Rabbitpedia and just ordered

Rabbittalk
One Hundred Ways to a Happy Bunny, and
Why does my rabbit?

Does any have these? are they good?

What other books do you have that are good?

Stories Rabbits Tell- Good but hard going adn distressing in places
Rabbitlopeadia- Outdated and some disagreable Information
Living with a House Bunny- Good
Hop To It- Guide to Training your Rabbit- Not read it yet
100 ways to a Happy Bunny- Good if a little basic
Rabbits for Dummies
Why Does My Rabbit- Very interesting, learnt a lot.
The Rabbit Whisperer- Awfully basic, mostly regurgitated from a hundred other care books.
The problem with Rabbits, A Sanctuary's Modern Approach- Outdated but brutally honest.

Last edited:
I have only got one:

House Rabbit Handbook: How to Live with an Urban Rabbit by Marinell Harriman

I bought it a couple of months before I adopted Bugsy and Lola and read the whole book over and over again before I got my bunnies.

I might get another one or two if someone recommends some good ones :)

I agree that the Rabbitpedia has some very controversial things in it, and I hate the photo of the bun in that tiny hutch which is called 'Nicola's rabbit'.

I am hoping to understand more about buns body language.

Perhaps this group should make a book with top tips and send the money it makes to the rescues.

Rabbitlopedia - terrible, wouldn't reccomend it at all, not easy to read and misleading information, I get bored or angry when I read it.
Rabbits for Dummies - very good
The Complete House Rabbit - just the usual care book
How to Care for your Rabbit - ditto, but bit more lacking
Collins Rabbit - slightly better than the above two, but nothing to rave about
RSPCA Care for your rabbit (from the 80s) - Amusingly outdated but some good stuff in there.

I have Rabbits for Dummies, which I found really helpful.
House Rabbit Handbook, which I still pick up and read every now n then, really easy to read, very informative.
Unfortunately I also got this one..
The Rabbit Whisperer- Awfully basic, mostly regurgitated from a hundred other care books.
Couldn't agree more, it was nothing like the title suggested, and full of cheesy celebrities. When Bertie starts gnawing books, i give him this one :lol:

I have to say though that I've learnt substantially more from being a member here than any of the books, but they were really helpful in us deciding to get a rabbit in the 1st place :)

I only have three rabbit books

Rabbits for dummies
The Rabbit whisperer
One hundred ways to a happy bunny

will probably gain more along the way though.

I have Rabbitpedia and just ordered

Rabbittalk
One Hundred Ways to a Happy Bunny, and
Why does my rabbit?

Does any have these? are they good?

What other books do you have that are good?

I have Why does my rabbit? and Why does my cat? I find them very interesting. I also have an RSPCA rabbit one but that isn't as interesting

Rabbit health in the 21st cenury: A guide for bunny parents

The relaxed rabbit by Chandra Moira Beal

Stories rabbits tell: a natural and cultural history of a misunderstood creature by Susan E Davis and Margo Demello

House rabbit handbook: how to live with an urban rabbit

Rabbits for dummies

Plus a few norwegian books which are not very good..

I've got a few and am always looking for more really good ones.

1. Rabbitlopeadia-- I liked this, thought it was in depth info and well laid out. Could have had more pictures though.
2. Family Pet Guide: Rabbit-- The title makes it sound basic but is actually quite thick with great info tips and pictures.
3. Encyclopaedia of Rabbits and Rodents-- this lists breeds and their histories.
4. Rabbit Intrnal Medicine-- Very scientific. I bought it because I'm studying vet nursing. There is a good chapter on analysing urine.
5. 101 ways to a happy bunnie-- good tips for beginners
6. Practical guide to rabbit care-- more fore kids but good info and layout.
7. Rabbits-- A kids pet care book. It reccomends adult supervsion.
8. See how they grow-- Again an old book bought for me when I was akid about the growth of baby rabbits.
9. Rabbit-- more in depth for older teens and adulys but very old and somewhat outdated
10. All about your rabbit-- Very basic and came free with my first hutch.
11. When Your Rabbit Needs Special Care: Traditional and Alternative Healing Methods-- Very interesting and different. It advises how to improve a rabbits general suroundings when they are ill and is quite medical in its descriptions of administering meds.

I have:

"living wiht a house rabbit" by marinell harriman - very good, the first one i got, i learnt a lot from it
"rabbits for dummies" - mostly excellent but with a couple of thigns i hugely disagree with
"100 ways to a happy rabbit" - good for a beginner but nothing in it you wont have learnt on here
"rabbit health in the 21st century" and "notes on internal rabbit medicine" i dont read these as such i jsut have them for reference in times of illness but they have both proved useful and interesting

I have

House Rabbit Handbook: How to Live with an Urban Rabbit - good, though some odd ideas at times.

the Rabbit Whisperer - really disappointed in this wish I had seen more reviews

100 ways to a happy bunny

Clicking with your rabbit - on order as I wanted to see what it said, not sure if I will carry it ou!

for language I LOVE this site and it helped me when I first got them

http://www.paperglyphs.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.html

Just rabbitlopaedia - some of it is outdated and it's rather aimed towards exhibitors etc, but it is very informative about the medical and anatomy and history sides.

Rabbit lopedia
Rabbits for Dummies
How to look after your rabbit
Why does your rabbit...

And I have just ordered the Textbook of rabbit medicine by Frances Harcourt-Brown

We made the mistake of leaving Rabbit lopedia out once and one of our buns ate most of it:oops::censored::oops:
So thats what our lot thought of it.....
I agree that it seems to be aimed more at breeders than pet owners and also I feel it looks (and is probably) a bit out of date

Yeah, I forgot I've downloaded clicking with your rabbit. I've learned milla to give me kisses :D Will soon start with target training.

Back