• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

update on me and my foster rabbit

jasonbunny

Warren Scout
Hello everyone. For those that dont know, i am totally new to rabbit fostering, the lady at the rescue centre saw me coming i think...when i went to drop off a hamster cage for them and somehow left with Jason the lop eared rabbit.

He has been with us 3 days now...and in that time i have emailed the lady saying i wont be fostering anymore...i will be back on the 25th march to sign the adoption papers, bought him a new cage instead of the tatty one that came from the rescue centre and had his myxi jab and flea treatment at the vets done last night. He is absolutely adorable and i am so very glad the lady saw i was a soft touch!

When i got him he was very depressed, havign been in the rescue centre (which was really just a static shed thing) for almost all of year he has lived, after his mum attacked him. Over the past few days he has begun to happily hop in and out of his cage and explore, done a 'floppy' which gave me such a fright...just toppled over and lay prone...i thought he had fainted or something until i went to touch him and he jumped to high heaven...and last night after being out and about for 3 hours, decided he wasnt into being put in his cage for the night as hubs and i were off to bed, and dashed about, fianlly doing a binky (another thing i had to ask about, having not owned a rabbit before).

I have found out he loves celery, and will take it from my hand, and he seems to have taken a shine to my cat. As he hasnt been neutered yet (vet confirmed last night) i hope she doesnt get too close to him :lol:

Here is some piccies and a sideways video of him i made on youtube (with loud tv on too) :oops: i didnt realise it would be sideways! :lol:

043mf9.jpg

037ph2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEIsOM7RS9k

:lol: another failed 'fosterer'!! - there are several on the forum! hes absolutely gorgeous and i can see why you had to adopt him. sounds like he will have a fab life with you and well done on giving him a home he deserves! x

Hello everyone. For those that dont know, i am totally new to rabbit fostering, the lady at the rescue centre saw me coming i think...when i went to drop off a hamster cage for them and somehow left with Jason the lop eared rabbit.

He has been with us 3 days now...and in that time i have emailed the lady saying i wont be fostering anymore...i will be back on the 25th march to sign the adoption papers, bought him a new cage instead of the tatty one that came from the rescue centre and had his myxi jab and flea treatment at the vets done last night. He is absolutely adorable and i am so very glad the lady saw i was a soft touch!

When i got him he was very depressed, havign been in the rescue centre (which was really just a static shed thing) for almost all of year he has lived, after his mum attacked him. Over the past few days he has begun to happily hop in and out of his cage and explore, done a 'floppy' which gave me such a fright...just toppled over and lay prone...i thought he had fainted or something until i went to touch him and he jumped to high heaven...and last night after being out and about for 3 hours, decided he wasnt into being put in his cage for the night as hubs and i were off to bed, and dashed about, fianlly doing a binky (another thing i had to ask about, having not owned a rabbit before).

I have found out he loves celery, and will take it from my hand, and he seems to have taken a shine to my cat. As he hasnt been neutered yet (vet confirmed last night) i hope she doesnt get too close to him :lol:

Here is some piccies and a sideways video of him i made on youtube (with loud tv on too) :oops: i didnt realise it would be sideways! :lol:

043mf9.jpg

037ph2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEIsOM7RS9k

Oh he's lovely :love:Well done for taking him on:D
He sounds very happy with you Binkying and flopping is a sign of a very happy bunny. I love watching my buns binky and happy flop..

:lol: yes i definately failed with the fostering! he is just adorable i would miss hi already if he went back! My toddlers adore him too, my yongest whom is in june, runs up to me shouting...MUM...LOOK....RAPPIT! the novelty hasnt worn off for her yet!

:lol: This is why I don't foster, I don't blame you for taking him in, he's gorgeous. Charlie had a thing for my cat Molly when I took him to my parents, be careful that he doesn't lock on to her back and try to hump because it's not easy to get them off :oops: Now he's neutered he's just fascinated by her tail :lol:

I think we should start a FFC "who failed in the shortest time comp!! :lol: :lol: I think that must be somewhere near the top - second I think to Abi who practically signed Siennas adoption papers on the way home! :rolleyes: :lol:

Congratulations on your new addition!! :D

:lol: funnily enough the cat that jason has taken a shine to is called Molly as well! my other one is a big shaggy black cat called Jett that just doesnt know what to make of Jason at all. His body language seems to say i dont know wether to try to eat you or play with you!

I am pleased to see i am not alone in being a total soft touch then!

well dont for taking this lovely bunny in

I have just had the forms for rspca fostering and i am secretly hoping that a giant white bunny needs me to help him but i know it will have to stay with me,i think i would end up keeping them for sure.

I love the pink bedding in the cage too

Back