• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

After spay query

chloaster

Warren Veteran
My bunny girl Sasha had a bit of a run of it with her spay, having a hernia sorted and advanced uterine cancer dealt with and is struggling a bit post op. She is happy to chomp on her veg and is eating a small amount of pellet but my concern is that she isn't drinking or peeing much.

I've been giving her metacam as she seems a bit uncomfortable and this am I syringe fed her some water as there were no signs of her peeing over night .... and she peed all down my front :rolleyes: which is great as it means things are moving but has anyone else found their buns don't wee much after the op?

sometimes their whole system can be sluggish...but if she continues not to produce much wee..I'd get her checked again as her sugery was more invasive than usual in a spey:?

Could it be hurting her to engage her urinary muscles? Possibly the effort of straining is putting pressure on her sore tummy.

She doesn't seem to be in pain, (when she came home originally she was pressing her tummy to the floor and snugglesafe quite a lot) although I was surprised at how quickly it went from no pee from when I put her down last night at about 23:00 to syringe feeding her some water at 06:15 this am her peeing down my front the minute I put her upright on my chest :?

Back