• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cute bun but serious thread

chloaster

Warren Veteran
This is Sasha, happy sat on the top of my sofa and acting as my latest cushion!! :lol::lol:

On a serious note though, she came to the rescue because her husbun had died and the 7year old they had been bought for had lost interest. She hadn't been neutered as Fluffy had been so there was no chance of babies. When she arrived I noticed she had a small lump on her underside and when I took her for her spay I saw the vet and asked her to have a look at it whilst she was under. She had a look and said she thougt it was a hernia but had walled its-self off so shouldn't be a problem. And it wasn't ...... but Sasha also had advanced uterine cancer - she is only three years old. They managed to get all the cancer out but it just re-iterated to me the need to get the girlie buns spayed - if her husbun hadn't died she most certainly would have.

Please, please get your girlie buns spayed - it could save their life! :D

CIMG9441.jpg

CIMG9440.jpg

Awwww poor girly :cry:

I'm getting Boo spayed as soon as the babies are weened. xxx

ooo i dont know if anyone told you..but i was planning on doing this when jellys babies were weaned last year, and i took her 2 the vet and luckily i mentioned that id weened her babies that week, cus aparantly u hav 2 leave it few weeks...cnt remember why if it was 2 do with producing milk...therefore her girly bits were active..meaning more blood circulating..may be wrong, but i know there was a good reason! just thought id let you know!:)

saffy is booked in for 2 weeks time.... im scared though :(

I know it's a scary time, but as long as your girl is fit and healthy she shouldn't have any problems. :D It's just not worth risking her health in the future by leaving it. Don't forget to post the day she goes in so we can all be thinking of you and Saffy.x

I know it's a scary time, but as long as your girl is fit and healthy she shouldn't have any problems. :D It's just not worth risking her health in the future by leaving it. Don't forget to post the day she goes in so we can all be thinking of you and Saffy.x

Yes i know i havent even considered not having her done, she had to have a GA with her ear and was ok so im sure she'll be fine but still cant help but worry! I will post on the day, sure i'll be very nervous, think the vets get fed up of me pestering them when my buns have been in before! :rolleyes:

ooo i dont know if anyone told you..but i was planning on doing this when jellys babies were weaned last year, and i took her 2 the vet and luckily i mentioned that id weened her babies that week, cus aparantly u hav 2 leave it few weeks...cnt remember why if it was 2 do with producing milk...therefore her girly bits were active..meaning more blood circulating..may be wrong, but i know there was a good reason! just thought id let you know!:)

Oh thanks, I will call the vets ands check how long i should leave it. Plus it will give her good time to recover, although she's put on loads of weight already! :D

aww lovely bun so sad to hear she had Utrine cancer though :cry: it scares me because if i hadnt had Crystal speyed she could have been dying right now with utrine cancer and i probably wouldnt have known :(

aww lovely bun so sad to hear she had Utrine cancer though :cry: it scares me because if i hadnt had Crystal speyed she could have been dying right now with utrine cancer and i probably wouldnt have known :(

We had no idea about Sasha having anything untoward apart from the benign lump - that's the scary thing it is a silent killer.

Please think of Sasha, bless her she is struggling a bit coming through the op.

Poor little lamb, glad you caught the cancer in time. Hope she feels better soon.She looks very comfy on your sofa :D

Last edited:
Ooh poor baby! Sending lots of healing vibes and bunny prayers for her. So lucky you got it now. She does look a wee bit depressed poor thing.

Neither of my little girls were spayed, Minnie i got myself but Misty the white one came from an aquaintance who decided she would much prefer a dog :shock:

Anyway this was a long time ago and I didnt know too much about bunnies, when I took them to the vet to get their jabs I asked about spaying and he told me not to as this wasnt really safe :shock::shock::shock::shock:

Welllll I didnt know and I expected the vet to know his stuff.

Minnie passed away last year :cry: but I have had an awful year with Misty, she was occasionally pooing a little blood and this made me think cancer. I am gutted that I was misinformed and reiterate what everyone else is saying. To save your bun and save any heartache get them spayed!!!

Btw Misty is fine and having lots of TLC

She may be struggling but she is in brilliant hands with you Chloe, praying for a speedy recovery and sending you some calming vibes, and please, please keep giving the message out about neutering, as you know I have 2 bunnies in one week with uterine cance, they both fully recovered but it's really scary, it is so important to neuter.

PLEASE NEUTER YOU BUNNIES!!

Back