• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My zoo!

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
Oh hope ive done this right!!

joey and saffron
buns3800x600-1.jpg
[/IMG]

saffy
saffron2800x600.jpg
[/IMG]

saffronlying2800x600.jpg
[/IMG]

Joey falling asleep infront of the telly :D
joeyasleep800x600.jpg
[/IMG]

joey4800x600.jpg
[/IMG]

joey2800x600.jpg
[/IMG]

havingawash800x600.jpg
[/IMG]

Attack!!
bun2800x600-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Saffy playing dead and joey looking abit worried! :shock:
bunnies800x600-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Its a hard life
flopped800x600.jpg
[/IMG]

bun1800x600.jpg
[/IMG]

Charlie!
charlieposing800x600-1.jpg
[/IMG]

charliegreedy800x600-1.jpg
[/IMG]

charlietreat800x600.jpg
[/IMG]

Charlies pad
charliespad800x600.jpg
[/IMG]

Horses
play.jpg
[/IMG]

Me and winston doing our bit for charity
jumping.jpg
[/IMG]

beauty.jpg

Yeh its wicked isnt it, i had to order it from germany! Ive added some bits now, that was when i first had it, its 60cmx80cmx60cm, he's a fit little hamster!!

lol yes I'm not sure how i have enough time to look after them all, but I do, I have been known to say 'what's a telly' thou! hahaha

Thats the way it should be, animals are so much better than telly :) i hardly watched it as a kid we had so many animals, i was pony mad!

Thats the way it should be, animals are so much better than telly :) i hardly watched it as a kid we had so many animals, i was pony mad!

Me too, ponies ponies ponies!!!!

Dad was reminising only early today about me making little corals and keeping woodlice in them!!! i think i wished they were ponies!

Telly is rubbish would much rather be out with the horses or buns! :D

yeh i was the same! My dad and brother are farriers and my mum used to have a saddlery shop and teach carriage driving so my whole family is a tad horse orientated :lol:

I LOVE your photos! :love: Your house looks immaculate as well, how do you do it? as soon as Arthur comes in its like a giant toilet :lol:

Great post :D

Can I ask you all how you get your pets so used to being handled as I have and indoor rabbit and two gerbils I've tried putting my hand in the gerbil tank to get them used to me but they sniff my fingers then bite and my rabbit is ok but I leave his cage door open for hours and he hardly ever comes out of it unless I pick him up?

:?:cry:

Can I ask you all how you get your pets so used to being handled as I have and indoor rabbit and two gerbils I've tried putting my hand in the gerbil tank to get them used to me but they sniff my fingers then bite and my rabbit is ok but I leave his cage door open for hours and he hardly ever comes out of it unless I pick him up?

:?:cry:

Aww well i havent had much experience with gerbils to be honest but with my hamsters i spend alot of time to begin with not picking them but letting them get used to my voice and popping my hand in and touchng them so they get used to it and know im not a threat. If they are older its a good idea to pop them in a neutral space like a low big box with some toys and give them some treats so they want to come see you, food bribery is always a winner! :)

As for my buns, they are house buns so they spend alot of time with me, i just sit with them alot and they get healthy treats from me (i get mobbed for treats!!) again its about convincing them you are someone they want to spend time with. Perhaps get you bunny out of the hutch and sit with him in a neutral area everyday and let him come to you. If i lie down now saffy likes to groom me :lol: when im lying down next to her my nose gets a good licking too :) its taken a good few weeks to get to that point but its worth the patience and they are fun to spend time with.

Is he neutered? Maybe if you have room for a girlfriend for him he'd come out of his shel abit, he maybe lonely.

That is the key just spending alot of time with them, try not to pick him up too much as he will think you're going to pick him up everytime he comes to you. Buns arent keen on being picked up, joey was terrible at being picked up when i got him, its taken a while to get him to not scatch my arms to bits!! Bunnies that struggle when you go to put them down, turn them to face you so they cant do it and pop them down then lots of praise.

My OH thinks im mad talking to them all the time :D

Thanks Sally :) its hard to find a nice big cage, they're all so small, he's a very happy hamster

I LOVE your photos! :love: Your house looks immaculate as well, how do you do it? as soon as Arthur comes in its like a giant toilet :lol:

Great post :D

Well Joey is very clean but saffy is a messy little monkey, i clean up after her, shes getting better and she was really easy to litter train (joeys abit camp and soppy! :lol: )

Back