• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Jasper... Bronchitis

tigerbabe

Mama Doe
I only got Smudge and Jasper on Monday but as soon as he arrived home I knew something wasn't right with Jasper. I got back from the vets about half an hour ago and he has bronchitis :(
So I'll be getting lots of practice giving injections over the next couple of weeks.

They are definately both boys, the vet sexed them and then Delia from Bobtails sexed them so at least I can be confident I won't be ending up with any babies.

Poor Jasper he's only a baby, I think it must have been fate that guided me into the petshop. Like I've said before I don't buy animals from pet shops, haven't done in years since I found out about rescues... these 2 boys were meant to come home with me :love:

Verry sorry your bunnies are so ill. I had no idea bunnies could get bronchitis too!:shock: Sending healing vibes and hope they get better soon. Have you informed the pet shop you bought them from?

Aw bless, poor thing! Hope he's feeling better soon x
I had a rat called Sparky who got bronchitis, she had to be pts :cry:

I'm so sorry to hear this! Poor little Jasper (cute name!). Good luck w/ the injections, I hope he's better soon! Healing vibes. xxx.

Poor bunnies :(

i had 2 cats called jasper and smudge once, then i had another cat called smudge (from a bloke round the corner) and now i have another cat called jasper(from my ex-neighbour) Jasmine r.i.p was also called jasper when i got her/him

not that that has anything to do with it its just very popular names.

i often go off on tangents :oops:

Hope your buns are better soon xx

Have you informed the pet shop you bought them from?

I phoned them yesterday to let them know he was sneezing (and cos I was curious to see what they'd do about it) and they told me I'd have to take him back and they'd sort him out with their vet, and that they wouldn't pay for him to go to my vets.
I felt like the woman pretty much implied he was allergic to the bedding I had him on or something :rolleyes:

There's no way I was taking him back so we went to my very bunny savvy vets, I'll be phoning the shop tomorrow to let them know what my vet has said.

Back