• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feedback please for Norman Dust Free Hay

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
Have had the below email from Norman at Dust Free Hay, does anyone have any feedback for him?

Thanks

Helen

I have now got some American Timothy that I have just put on the site,not
sure how it will go but it is grown in the same area as the Oxbow,
I have had one or two people say that the Oxbow was dusty lately but in any
case we have put this through our system taking any out.
It's a bit dearer than I would like and it may put people off but it is
expensive full stop as it comes such a long way,but I think it's still about
half the price of the Oxbow(stand to be corrected on that) volume weight
wise and considering there is delivery in ours.
At the moment we sell it in a two pack but are considering doing singles
with Royal Mail again but this time registered.
In any case I would be interested to hear any views.
Think we will be doing the Oat Hay soon too if things work out.

Last edited:
I would definitely be interested in oat hay. Bell and T are still eating their first sack of dust free hay and I love the quality of it (and more importantly they're loving it too). If Norman starts selling oat hay then I'd buy it.

The last lot of oxbow timothy hay I tried was very dusty, so I reckon I'd be interested in Norman's version:lol: I've been using his hay for over a year now and have never been disappointed with the quality or service.
Hilda

Only about 2 kg each I think.

I contacted Norman yesterday, as I'm really interested if he could do larger quantities. I buy 22 kg at a time from SPH Supplies currently.

I'm guessing that they are the 2kg bags but to me honest most of the bags are more than 2kg. Plus its so well packed in that you get loads of hay

Helen x

I'd consider ordering oat hay but I don't think I'd want to pay much more than I already do for the normal stuff because my two adore it, they are sat with the whole box at the moment munching their way through it :lol:

That does seem expensive compared to other sites. I had some Oxbow Timothy hay a few weeks ago 14kg for £45 ONLY used for treats and post op bunnies here though. This was through a friend ;)

Back