• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Building a run

mystic.kitty

Mama Doe
Hubby is very kindly going to make a run and permanently attatch it to the buns hutch. We've only have them for almost two weeks and we're expanding already :lol: They have a run but its separate and I want them to have permanent access to a run, rather than when I put them in it.

My main question is about the wood we use. Do you treat the wood with anything, is treated wood toxic to bunnies? I don't want him to make a run and find it will harm my buns.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you :)

If you ask for tanalized roofing lathe you generally get 8ft lengths of
1" x 1.5", which is ideal for making runs, and is quite cheap too:D

shades is also animal safe but more importantly I would advise that you use weld mesh and not chicken wire. I have seen so many use chicken wire and as was pointed out on this forum many years ago, it is not as strong as weld mesh and very easy for foxes to get through chicken wire:(

Thanks Denny, I'd ruled out chicken wire anyway as I read somewhere that buns can chew through it, don't want anyone escaping! Will get some weld mesh instead (had been wondering what to use lol).

And thanks BB Mommy will get hubby to ask for tanalized roofing lathe if its good for runs.

Back