• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wild Hares question

Ooooh now theres a question, I dont think they can, theyre a totally different species, but not 100%.... I saw a hare last Friday, stunning and huge, nearly crashed the car stopping to see him.

I think Hare's can but it's pretty uncommon. I think they must have a higher immunity or something.

Tam

I hope not...Norway doesn't have wild rabbits but we have wild hares, and I know there's myxi in Sweden so a wild hare could easily catch if from there and spread it on....but seeing as there hasn't been confirmed any case of Myxi in Norwegian buns then I'd say they don't...

According to the guy from a wildlife place who was on the local BBC radio last night, NO hares can not get myxi but they have their own really bad illness (can not rememdber what began with L i think?. Only know this is becuase that is one of the questions that was asked.

According to the guy from a wildlife place who was on the local BBC radio last night, NO hares can not get myxi but they have their own really bad illness (can not rememdber what began with L i think?. Only know this is becuase that is one of the questions that was asked.

Thats what I thought til I Googled..... guess its not always best to have access to all that info, as some of its not true. :lol:

Most hares live up in scotland and a few in the peak district (mountain hares)and cannot contract myxo they are brown in colour which turns white in winter i done a bit of research on them and visited them in the peak district where they are protected.

Back