• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going away for the weekend!

Kenno

Warren Scout
:wave:
I'm going away this weekend so I'm having to leave my bunny's in the care of my mother. I'm not looking forward to leaving them not after last time I let my mum look after them. She forgot to close the door properly and Bea got out and was hopping around the garden.

How does everyone else cope with leaving your rabbit(s) whilst your away?

Hey

I'm jealous, would love to be going away.

I'm very lucky, I have either my parents or my friend who has rabbits and because they are already housed in the garage, they both keep them in their garages with a big pen set up so I know they can't escape!

It is a worry leaving any pet though.

Lian xx

Well I thought I could trust my family to look after my buns, but when I went to Brighton the other week my cousin, who had agreed to look after them completely forgot to feed them!!!!:shock:

So I came home to 3 starving bunnies and 2 cats that were ready to chew my leg off unless I fed them straightaway!

Doesn't look like I'll be able to go away for the forseeable future:(
Who'd want to come and sit three dogs and 8 buns, tortoise, cockatiel and fish??

More to the point who would I trust??

Well I was really woried about leaving mine next weekend- but now we have got a lady from a Boarding Center coming to our house to feed the, water and play with them.. She spends 2 hours in the morning, then my auntie is coming up in the day- then this woman stays 3 hours at night!

I feel more comfortable now:)

I don't go away often but I was visiting a uni friend for the weekend. I've just got out and my mum had managed to let Bea free again! So next time I'm away I shall be booking them into a bunny hotel I think. Can't even trust my own mother! :roll:

I don't go away, I would just spend all of my time worrying about them and wouldn't enjoy myself. My mum would look after them, but with 3 dogs, 1 cat, 2 buns, 3 guineas, 2 chinchillas, 2 African pygmy hedgehogs, 7 rat and a hamster, she might forget to feed someone. I'd rather stay at home............sad but true.:oops:

Back