• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Male or female?

pwac21

New Kit
So I was wonder which sex makes a better pet? Male or females. I've read online that males make better pets but what do guys think?

They say males are more affectionate, from my experiance, that is true, especially more so when neutered. But then again, some people may say that girls are. But i love how cuddly my Blueboy is!!! :D:lol:

Well sophie was a girl and she was the best bunny I've ever had. Then again I've never had a male before. I wonder if I should get two rabbits this time instead of one? Sophie did fine by herself, but she roamed the house with 3 dogs, 4 cats, and 2 rats so she had plenty of animal friends and everyone got along fine. So I want to get a baby holland lop and I found a breeder near me but I'm not sure wether I should get male or female and 1 or 2?

The best mix is neutered male and spayed female. As for which sex makes the better pet then either, it depends on the personality really not the gender, as long as you have them neutered/spayed there isn't much difference.

I've got the impression that single male houserabbit is most rewarding as a pet - but Maa is a lovely bunny - very sweet natured and has always seemed more like a little puppy than a rabbit - I think she's unusual though for a girl :) Benny my male rabbit's never been very affectionate or interested in people - his brother Pepsi was but he sadly died a couple years back. So I have to conclude it's down to the individual bunnies personality :)

So I was wonder which sex makes a better pet? Male or females. I've read online that males make better pets but what do guys think?

i think males are better. i had a female called rosy before i got arthur and she could be a bit moody at times. :roll: arthur's really affectionite though. he wants more cuddles that rosy did.

i agree that males are sometimes the better option, one of ym females is a bit bossy and the other is very shy. Both my males are affectionate little guys, but then my females play more. like if i sit in the run wit peanut and jelly, peanut will want cuddles but then jelly will try and get you to play with the toys with her....

i think if u get a male/female pair u get a nice mix!:D

As usual mine don't follow the trend! :lol:My girl bugys is the most affectionate will sit and lick you for hours and loves nose rubs and fuss!

My boy Joey does like fuss but is a very nervous bunny, he only likes fuss somewhere he feels 'safe' or if bugs is sitting next to him. He is getting better with lots of time and effort.

I've got two boys, one is extremely affectionate and loves snuggles and one is very grumpy and only has attention if I force him to!!!

I've got a boy and a girl. We're still getting used to each other, but the boy seems to be easier to handle and less likely to run off that the girl. But that could just be that she's still not used to me yet.

I think theres a 'loose' rule that males are slightly more affectionate and females can be a little bit stroppy, though I think it really depends on how young they are neutered, the sooner the better for both in my opinion. But from my experience, I think most of it is down to personality and handling, not sex.

I'm actually very fond of stroppy females, they have loads of personality and can be very rewarding, I'd say have the best of both, and go for a neutered pair of one of each. :D

Last edited:
Well I will be visitng a lady who breeds holland lops for show and she has some babies up for sale and I'm going Monday to check them out. I guess we will see if I end up bring one home or not. I'm leaning towards getting a male so I guess we will see. I might get 2 males though. IDK

Back