• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Protective of your bunny pics?

Laura416

Warren Scout
Am I odd for being like this? Mimi's got her own album on myspace and I've got this "friend" who asked for one of her pics (I had on MSN messenger) to be emailed to him months ago (I didn't) and just today he sent me pics his friend sent to him (of bunnies). I got totally freaked out about this b/c I'm almost positive they're lifting pictures (not mine...yet...I hope). I love sites like icanhascheezburger.com and would hate to see her picture appear there someday w/o my submitting it (and what about sites I don't know of?!), and hate the idea of my princess' pic being circulated in forwards.

So now I've made Mimi's album private...My OWN album isn't! haha Am I crazy?? I should note, lifting pics of her to be emailed never even occurred to me before meeting this person.

I personally wouldn't mind if one of my bunny photos was lifted for caption purposes.

I would be irked if it was one I was precious about, but I don't put them up without some sort of watermark or blemish.

I've started putting copyright-marks on my pics:)
That way fewer people try to steal them and even if they DO other people can see they're mine. I've experienced having my pics stolen and it makes me mad:evil:
Taking pictures for whatever reason without the photographer's consent (But of course if the website states that you can use the pictures it would be okay.. unless of course that website stole the images elsewhere:censored: I've seen that happen too ) is against the copyrightlaws, so you might as well tell them next time you see your images stolen, that they're breaking the law.

I really couldnt care less, the world is full of hunger, war, poverty and disease, there are more important things to worry about.

she asked if it was odd, and if other people felt the same, so i told her. I'm not saying she's wrong to worry about it, I'm saying that's the reason I don't.

I really couldnt care less, the world is full of hunger, war, poverty and disease, there are more important things to worry about...

she asked if it was odd, and if other people felt the same, so i told her. I'm not saying she's wrong to worry about it, I'm saying that's the reason I don't.

Saying there are more important things to worry about clearly means my priorities aren't in order. I have a problem w/ theft, it's illegal as it's been noted, and thanks to some replies here, I see I'm not alone in how special my pet['s pics] are to me.

ZakuraRabbit, I'm so sorry :(

Last edited:
I can't say that I'd mind if someone wanted a pic of my rabbits I'd be more worried if they were pinching ones of me and setting up a fake profile or developing an obsession. If you are bothered then you have to protect them :)

Personally I don't mind any of my pics being on the net where ever, so if mine ended up on icanhazcheeseburger I'd not mind.

The only exception is my jewellery designs - so I have watermarked them all, and I don't have any pictures of myself on line at all so I don't have to worry.

Personally I don't mind any of my pics being on the net where ever, so if mine ended up on icanhazcheeseburger I'd not mind.

The only exception is my jewellery designs - so I have watermarked them all, and I don't have any pictures of myself on line at all so I don't have to worry.

How do you watermark?? I'm very curious! I found a way to "spraypaint" through "my pictures" but...it's not as nice as what I've seen here ;)

Edited to say ignore this, I figured it out ;)

Last edited:
Back