• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Photos of hutches please...

Here's my 2 - Benny has the bigger one but I'm going to swap him and Maa around as she's a bit cramped in the other one with the ladder in - I'm glad they're positioned like they are with all these gales we've had - the brick shed shelters Maa's hutch from the wind, and Benny's hutch, sticking out into the patio can't get blown over with Maa's hutch partly behind it - Also means they can sit next to each other in their runs :) The roofs open so I keep the shower curtain permanently stapled over the hutch at the top. Benny's hutch faces the opposite way to the doors on the run, which open onto the patio, so he gets the sun in winter - I put the washing line up in summer, with sheets pegged on it and pinned to the hutches with bricks, so they have shade :)

hutches.jpg

At night I move the fence panels to hold the rugs in place (the fence panels are actually nursery fireguards from Argos)

nighthutches.jpg

ugh it's EVIL out there at the moment - chucking it down and blowing a gale :roll: I've left half the rugs on all winter, and put a piece of plywood across the back of Maa's hutch, so her run stays dry - in fact I put them on all summer too - quite wet so I seem to recall :rolleyes:

Hi, here's a picture of the hutch and run just as it was finished.

DSCF2941.jpg

Here's the buns with the latest set of steps.

OllieandPenny04032005.jpg

our bunny hotel

This is our rabbit hotel, home to our 8 dutch and 3 mixed buns.

It consists of four 2ft x 2ft x 4ft bedrooms and an 8ft x 2ft x 2ft indoor run with bridge to a 6ft x 8ft outdoor run!

SNV30543.jpg

SNV30546.jpg

SNV30549.jpghttp:

heres mine

from the front
dec1807008.jpg

dec1807003.jpg

b001.jpg

dec1807001.jpg

the 4 storey penthouse! (this now has a run attatched)
buns001.jpg

showing the attatched runs
dec1807004.jpg

lastly my new shed set up for my frenchies
newrun170208.jpg

all made by my long-suffering hubby!!!

Here is my old Dads handy work for our 2 girls. Me and my partner drew him a picture to follow and we think he did a great job. It takes 4 men to move it and It is over 3ft deep and 7ft wide - I am 5.8" so you can see how tall it is. It cost in total about £200 including varnish - wood yards are brilliant.

Picture023.jpg

I love all your set ups!

Joanne - is your set up a nightmare to clean out or does it all come apart? :lol: Your set up has to be the best ever! :lol:

I love all your set ups!

Joanne - is your set up a nightmare to clean out or does it all come apart? :lol: Your set up has to be the best ever! :lol:

Thankyou :wave:

It is really easy to clean out, the tunnels have removable lids which lift off so i can sweep them out, they are all secure with little bolts though so i only take them off about once a week to get all the tumbleweeds out :rolleyes:. They do have a tendancy to carry toys and toilet roll inners from the shed right out to the run, they have even tried pulling the vetbed through but got it stuck! :roll::lol:

Thankyou :wave:

It is really easy to clean out, the tunnels have removable lids which lift off so i can sweep them out, they are all secure with little bolts though so i only take them off about once a week to get all the tumbleweeds out :rolleyes:. They do have a tendancy to carry toys and toilet roll inners from the shed right out to the run, they have even tried pulling the vetbed through but got it stuck! :roll::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: OMG no way! As if they pull vetbed all that way thats so funny! :lol:

Can you put piccies on for me one day like a spot my bunny thread with a few pics and we have to spot your bunnies? :oops:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: OMG no way! As if they pull vetbed all that way thats so funny! :lol:

Can you put piccies on for me one day like a spot my bunny thread with a few pics and we have to spot your bunnies? :oops:

:lol: I'll have a look for some, i deffo have one that springs to mind, you may have seen it?

Aww, all of you have such nice husbands who build things!! I want a husband now :cry:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
No pictures at the moment; just lurking :roll:

Sasha :wave:

Back