• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just heard fox taking its 'prey' - horrible sound

B

BRACKEN

I just hate the sound of foxes catching rabbits etc...

I was lying in the bath a moment ago and heard it right outside the window. Its just such a horrible squeling sound it makes my stomach turn.

I have jumped out the bath and put the kennel light on and my bunnies are ok. 2 are outside and 1 is in as he was neutered today.

I made the dogs bark lots and they have just gone running down the garden.

I love it that spring is coming but I just hate hearing this.

I thought the mating sound was a sort of screaming sound? It sometimes sounds like a human screaming?

This is a different sound. Last year when I was in the process of bonding my bunnies and they were first introduced to the big garden space they had a scrap and one of them caught the other one. It made the same exact noise and it turned my stomach as I recognized the sound. I hadn't been able to place it when I heard it before.

Hope I am wrong. Perhaps I am. I would like to think its just a mating sound. I know I live in the country with wild bunnies and foxes but don't like to think I am hearing them get caught.

I had to listen to people shooting rabbits today :( Living in the countryside does have some drawbacks

Yes - Neighbours near us shoot bunnies. I try not to listen! He does have a big garden and I know they can be pests and eat everything but I still don't really like to hear it.

Linda

ps I feel really rude having my user name in capitals. Its like I am shouting! Does anyone know how to change it to small or am I stuck with it?

Yes - Neighbours near us shoot bunnies. I try not to listen! He does have a big garden and I know they can be pests and eat everything but I still don't really like to hear it.

Linda

ps I feel really rude having my user name in capitals. Its like I am shouting! Does anyone know how to change it to small or am I stuck with it?
Pm Tamsin i am sure she will sort it out for you:D:D

Linda

ps I feel really rude having my user name in capitals. Its like I am shouting! Does anyone know how to change it to small or am I stuck with it?[/QUOTE]

I think you need to ask a mod to change things with your username, hope this helps:).............:lol: i didnt type fast enough

Thank you. Will pm them when my hubby is here. If they ask me to do anything technical I am completely useless.

My OH is now working away all week :( so if anything happens to the computer I am stuck till he comes back! He is such a whizz I haven't bothered. (Hence no signature piccies ect....)

OOhh have just put my first smiley face in my text. How pathetic is that!!!

I just hate the sound of foxes catching rabbits etc...

I was lying in the bath a moment ago and heard it right outside the window. Its just such a horrible squeling sound it makes my stomach turn.

I have jumped out the bath and put the kennel light on and my bunnies are ok. 2 are outside and 1 is in as he was neutered today.

I made the dogs bark lots and they have just gone running down the garden.

I love it that spring is coming but I just hate hearing this.

It might not be taking its prey when to foxes fight they make that sqealing noise its like husband and wife having a tiff,i have 2 which come past my house and argue,my dogs are on gaurd while my buns are out and the buns are in a sealed run where they can slip back into the playhouse

Back