• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My friends think I'm mad...

applebed

Alpha Buck
...for having a 42" dog crate for Thor! Three of us were watching TV and I said "aww, poor buns in those tiny cages" and they both chimed "Those are normal sized rabbit cages!" Hmph.

They also think I'm completely unhinged for having probiotics for him, my friend was like "I had three buns, never vaccinated, in normal hutches and they were fine! I wonder how rabbits survived before mad humans came along?"

Harrumph!

How long were their rabbits 'fine' for? I get pee'd off with comments like that but I don't care, I know my bunnies are healthy and happy :D

I didn't ask, I was thinking to myself it's quite possible they got killed off by VHD, stasis etc. without her knowing.

It's just annoying having everyone in a room treat you like you're insane! Also a bit sad that people aren't more aware of buns' needs.

I didn't ask, I was thinking to myself it's quite possible they got killed off by VHD, stasis etc. without her knowing.

It's just annoying having everyone in a room treat you like you're insane! Also a bit sad that people aren't more aware of buns' needs.

Stick them all in the dog crate :lol:

well before "humans came along" they survived in the wild.. with wide open spaces and free range!!! :lol:

people jsut dont get it :roll:

Take no notice hun. People who aren't "crazy rabbit people" don't get it. My OH is completely amazed by my need to buy bigger hutches.

He's not heard about the plans for the garden (hint: it involves a shed, chicken wire, wood and the moving of the garden gate to the other side of the fence :S) :lol:

Oh dear! I have very little respect for people that don't appreciate people's love of animals. I would not look down at anyone for absolutely spoiling their pets, ok there are some things I personally would draw the line at, but because I don't view them as any less worthy than humans, what's wrong with treating an animal as well as you would your own child.... or better?! :lol:

I agree with Sarah86.... I wonder what the poor things died of. If someone is naive they probably won't question things with the vet, and hence the vet may not explain why it died :roll:

I have two rabbits, two piggies and a hamster. My family think I'm a nut job! :lol: My little sis thinks I'm sad and need to get out more, but I don't agree!

I have two rabbits, two piggies and a hamster. My family think I'm a nut job! :lol: My little sis thinks I'm sad and need to get out more, but I don't agree!

I have six rabbits and my families comments used to upset me....now I just ignore them, and since I'm 26 and have my own life and they have theirs I just tell them it's got nothing to do with them.

There is a difference in existing as opposed to actually living. Your friends rabbits may have seemed 'fine' but I bet they had very sad lives. It still upsets me that one of my friends keeps her two rabbits in a 4ft by 2ft hutch, after she sees how well mine are kept and I lecture enough! She does let them out in the garden but I still think the hutch is too small to be kept in sometimes days at a time if the weather is poor. When my sister first adopted two forster bunnies I had in she though I was mad to insist that they lived in her shed for more space. They have lived in there for a year now and she realises the importance of proper housing. We have just built her bunnies a double hutch that is 6 foot by 3 foot by 4 foot high. I can tell you our other relatives said we are mad but I don't care. At least the rabbits will have a decent quality of life!

Back