• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello - am new

Kits

Young Bun
Hi,

I'm new & at the moment don't have rabbits just considering the possibility. My concern is that we have 7 cats & so I don't know if it would be wise to get a rabbit as well, I know that cats will usually back off but am concerned that while it's small the rabbit may be accidentally hurt by the cats.

Only other option would be to keep rabbit in hutch, we have an outbuilding it could go in but then not so much part of the family surely?

Any tips/ideas/thoughts?

Hi welcome to the forum. I joined before I had bunnies too. Felt I needed to do the research before making a possible 10 year comittment.

I have 4 cats but all my buns live in sheds with runs attached outdoors. My buns are always supervised when having free time in the garden so are never alone with the cats. 2 of my cats are fine with them, one is scared of them and little 3 legged Boo is the only one that looks at them in a sinister sort of way so I just don't allow her outside when the buns are free.

If you keep your bun outside with a partner bun they will keep each other company, nothing worse than a lonely bun in a hutch :(

Over winter my buns see me twice a day for cleaning and feeding but once the weather gets better, late April to October I spend most of my evenings and weekends outside in the garden with them and find it very theraputic.

Sure other people will have views and ideas, might be worth posting some where else on the Forum as I don't think everyone looks at introductions.

Rabswood

Hello :wave: and welcome. Can't respond about cats as we don't have any.

My bun is an outdoor one but I bring him in every evening for a few hours so we keep our own bond up. Things to remember if you do this is not to have your heating on as the temperature change can't be good for them, otherwise it works well.

Again in the summer its ace sitting in the garden with him running round.

We have a few neighbourhood cats that come in the garden but Arthur chases them off :lol:

Back