• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rehoming

cazza

Mama Doe
Not sure if this is in the right section.

Im thinking of rehoming choco. I feel really bad about it but i just cant give her the time and attention she needs.
I know people will think its cos i have a baby now i dont want her but that is sooo far from the truth, I love her to bits but i cant dedicate the time to her she needs. I cant leave her roaming free as she chews the skirting boards and door frames etc and OH is not happy with this, We dont have a door without a chunk out of it from her.

I really dont want to do it but i feel its for the best as she needs more attention than i can give.

Am i a bad person for thinking of this? If i do decide to rehome her i would want her to go to a rabbit savvy person and would insist they were home checked.

caz

Your not a bad person, peoples circumstances change. There is a rehoming section that I think you would need to put it in if you really do want to x

No you are not a bad person, circumstances change. Having said that though, if you do want to keep her then maybe there is a middle ground - like moving her outside and getting a friend for her, or bunny proofing a particular area for her.

Either way don't rush into making a decision.

If you do decide to rehome her, have a read of the instructions in RIN and we can put a thread up for you.

Hey

Does she have a partner? I find when they are partnered you don't feel as guilty if you can't spend as much time with them. She could maybe become an outdoor bunny with her partner.

Mine are in the garage and even though I can be busy inside the house or out, I can still let them run around the garage so although they are not having my company all the time, they still have freedom and each other. Just a thought.

Lian x

Perhaps she would make a good partner for someone elses rabbit. If you have a baby then its only natural to feel that your full attention needs to be with your baby.

I didn't get buns till my son was a toddler, I knew I would find it too much hard work looking after 2 dependants (the baby and the rabbit). Don't feel guilty about re-homing at least you are in the right place and its better that you advertise here than a free ad.

Good luck

You would probably be better asking a rescue to take her if you decide you want to rehome her at least you know that most rescues do homechecks. I think everyone so far as given you some really good options to think about. You are not a bad person and peoples circumstances do change:D
Good luck with whatever you decide and make sure you make the decision for you and not feel pressured by anyone else.

Dont feel bad,i got Beatrix and Norman from a lady in a similar situation and i love them to bits and they are spoilt and i give regular email updates with photos to their previous owner and she is happy that they have come to a new home.I am sure your bunny will be well loved and cared for,but if you wanted to keep her maybe she could have a friend and live outdoors??

good luck with whichever you decide to do

Why don't you consider getting her a friend and moving her outdoors? When I got Sapphire and bonded her with my boy Jamie he wasn't getting all the attention as Kitt, living indoors, required more as he wasn't well... then, when Sapphire arrived Jamie didn't seem to mind and now he'd much rather have attention from her than me, lol.

I can only imagine how gutting it'd be to get rid of a rabbit, but I'm sure you're doing a fantastic job.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do x :)

Back