• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

clipping claws

bunlover

Warren Veteran
hi there wondered if there was anyone near to me who could show me how to clip my buns claws properly its all well and good if i take them to the vets but i know they will sit there like angels there and it wudnt be the same wanted someone to show me how to hold and clip claws from an owners point of view any experts? i am nr slough.( thinkin would save vet fees in long run as consultation is around 30 quid.)

Sorry I'm too far away else I would help for sure. If your bun is a bit figity, try wrapping it in a towel to keep it still. Give them a treat after and they'll soon learn to associate nail clipping with good things, not bad.

The other option is asking if you can see a vet nurse and her/ him showing you how to do it, they only charge a few quid then :D

Back