• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Dilemma... help please??

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
Well, as most of you will know Kitt and Hollie just wont bond... Hollie lunges at him and he is petrified.

Well this morning Kitt ran in to the kitchen where Saffy and Jamie are (brought them in at 3 this morning because of the awful weather).. I didn't see him at first but when I noticed Jamie was sniffing Kitt and, it looked like, he was grooming him. Kitt took this for a while then ran behind the broom. I was about to pick him up when Sapphire went over to him... sniffed him.. then walked off and carried on eating. When Sapphire noticed Jamie going over to Kitt again she started grunting - which started Jamie off... which got Kitt scared again, so I decided to take Kitt back up to his room.

I was a bit worried I'd ruined Jamie and Saffy's bond because they were circling, briefly, afterwards.. but before I came to work I made sure they were alright.

So now I'm faced with a dilemma... do I, when it gets warmer, bond Kitt in with Sapphire and Jamie? Or do I try Hollie and Kitt again? Kitt didn't seem half as scared of J and S as he does Hollie. I really don't want to ruin Jamie and Sapphires bond because they are made for each other. I also don't fancy Hollie being the only house rabbit - she is currently living in a 5ft x 3.5ft dog crate and is let out morning and night, she has become really territorial over her dog crate and when you go to feed her she will lunge at you... I don't want this to happen throughout the house as she also seems to want to mark her territory and thump at us if she doesn't like where we are.

Can anyone offer any advice please? xx

Can't give much advice as I was rubbish trying to bond but can recommend getting some expert help to bond them away from home if you can?

Lianxx

I'm debating contacting my old faithful helper. Hollie and Kitt were bonded there tho and, by the time they'd got home, Hollie had already started being dominant and would go for Kitt if he went in the litter tray to wee :?

Lou if you want me to take Hollie back and try and then you could find Kitt another partner or have him as a lone house bun then that is fine by me:D
I haven't got any indoor space a t the min to help you to try and rebond them but as soon as I do I will help you.

Lou if you want me to take Hollie back and try and then you could find Kitt another partner or have him as a lone house bun then that is fine by me:D
I haven't got any indoor space a t the min to help you to try and rebond them but as soon as I do I will help you.
OMG no, I don't think I could get rid of Hollie... as different to the others Hawys and I love her to pieces.

When you can help us rebond could you let me know and I'll bring them to you?

Sorry If I gave you the wrong impression, I wouldn't dream of giving Hollie up :)

Infact I know I couldn't get rid of Hollie. She's lovely once you're holding her, she's just a ****** if you go in her crate, :lol:

Let us know when you have indoor space and I'll book them in for a weekend at Bunnyhops :)

Lol, hey... as long as it takes!!

I'm so tempted to put Kitt with Sapphire and Jamie, but if their bond breaks I would be so gutted.

I'll leave the Hollie and Kitt thing to you :lol:

Lol, hey... they seemed to bond easily at yours before, so maybe it was just me not being able to work my magic on 2 sets of buns.

Besides you have farrrrr more experience than me, hehe... they'll be chuffed to know Auntie Kayj is doing their bonding, hehe

Back