• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Picture of normal hock?/ vaseline etc

lisa82

Mama Doe
I have noticed that Jess has a little bald area on the "sole" of one of her feet. To me it looks sore, reddish, but a little bald area is normal isn't it? I wondered if anyone has any pictures of a normal hock bald bit (if you know what I mean?) so I can just compare. I don't think it has always been there, she flops a lot with her feet spread out and I haven't seen it. She is moulting at the moment.

Edit= have done a different search and found a thread from SJ which is v.similar, thought I'd seen a pic somewhere.

Would applying vaseline or similar do any harm as a precaution? their room (and rest of the house) is carpeted so to avoid carpet she would need to be confined to her crate :?

Last edited:
:lol:If you think the hock is getting inflammed then you can also use sudocream(for nappy rash). Loads of folk here on the forum use it for sore hocks(their rabbits' hocks that is:lol:).

Used both Vaseline and Sudacrem on Molly our mini-lop. Used to try to do it and then given her a big cuddle so that it at least had time to soak in! :lol:

Back