• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VIBES NEEDED please!! Update page 3 :(

Woodlouse

Mama Doe
Sienna and Blake's marriage is already in marriage guidance counselling :cry: They went through spells of chasing last night, including a decent amount of fur pulling and today whilst I was at work Ross saw them scrapping loads and separated them.

I'm now sitting on the bathroom floor with them ... seeing if we can get it sorted cos we really like Blake. Problem seems to be that he won't stand up to her although Sienna clearly doesn't think she has the upper hand, otherwise surely she'd give up chasing and fur pulling?!

They've just happily tucked into a bowl of greens - heads together, normal bunnies sharing a bowl ... but a minute later and she's chasing him :( He's a wuss and every time she even so much as walks towards him he stamps and runs off! But now they're both grooming themselves, only a metre apart :?

So, as the title said ... how do I know when to give it up as a lost cause?? Obviously won't let either bunny get hurt ... but is it worth persisting??

OH has :censored: off downstairs (despite it being him who was so desperate to keep Sienna when we took her out of the foursome) and left me to it .... so I need some support/guidance from the bunny people please! Thanks x

Last edited:
It all sounds perfectly normal in the range of bun bonding to me. How long have you been at it?
This sounds like a few days in to me - although i did have one couple that took about 3 weeks!

It all sounds perfectly normal in the range of bun bonding to me. How long have you been at it?
This sounds like a few days in to me - although i did have one couple that took about 3 weeks!

They only met last night! Always done bonding the 'quick' way ie. once togther not separated. Am wondering if this one might just be a 'slow' one? On the other hand, the longer we delay the harder it might be to get Blake back in with the group at the fosterers' ... all a bit tricky!

Currently Blake sitting in corner and Sienna all chilled with her feet stretched out and back to him ..

:wave: Heya hon, yay for the RU forum for when you need support! Although my battery is about to die and I can't be bothered to get off the couch to charge it!! :rolleyes: :oops:

It sounds like they're a lot happier together than when we spoke earlier. Is Sienna actually trying to hurt Blake or is he just being a bit of a girl and she's responding to him running away by chasing him?

It sounds like they're a lot happier together than when we spoke earlier. Is Sienna actually trying to hurt Blake or is he just being a bit of a girl and she's responding to him running away by chasing him?

My interpretation is that he's just being a wuss! She walks in his direction ... he stamps ... makes a "humph" noise and runs off so she gives chase!

My interpretation is that he's just being a wuss! She walks in his direction ... he stamps ... makes a "humph" noise and runs off so she gives chase!

Keep with it, it all sounds perfectly normal to me. Sometimes reducing the area they have helps in the long run as they have to be together.

Give them time and it will improve.

when i bonded cookie and treacle we had the same thing. he would go up to her and she would instantly run away, and all the same things u just said, except the male and female opposites! Cookie and Treacle did this for four full days before she stopped running away. it doesnt sound too bad at the moment! dont give up! xx

Update

Not giving up! Falling in :love: with Blake and need to give it a REALLY good try! They managed a 5 minute snuggle ... though it was somewhat induced by the noise of the vacuum cleaner! Think Sienna saw Blake in a new light ... momentarily :lol:
Have put them in adjacent set-ups in the garage tonight and swapped their litter trays over. Will swap them into each other's pens tomorrow and then when I get home from work (significantly earlier than tonight hopefully!) it'll be back in a bonding room! Don't like doing it this way, but we're both at work tomorrow and I just don't trust them yet!

LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of vibes needed from about half 4 tomorrow please!!!!!

Last edited:
Sending lots of vibes for later.

It all sounds like normal bunny bonding behaviour - but it sure does worry us bunny mummies and daddies!

Good Luck,
Vanessa xx

ohh dear......please tell sienna that if she get divorced for a second time she will get a reputation.

Have you tried a bit of bannana or jam, probably on siennas head first to gt blake to approach her and start grooming. Also a car journey works wonders. As you know my rosie doesn't always have the best relationship with honey but when we come back from a long journey they are much better.

hope they settle down soon :) From your first post it all sounds perfectly normal and promising :D it's only a problem if Blake turns on her instead of being submissive, or if she locks onto him and they whirl around flat on the floor clawing each others stomachs with back feet - I've been there and I don't do bonding any more :oops:

Good luck..have you tried the trick of mashed apple and banana on thier foreheads?:shock::lol:
I have used this to stop a bully during bonding..it does work..aslong as they like apple and banana!:lol:
One thinks the other is grooming so accepts them...worth a try!

stick it out i was in the same dilema as u week ago...but couldnt send my bobby back..iv been tryin with two males! and a week on they are cuddling up together!

Back