• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zoo Vet at Large...

louise and Gus

Wise Old Thumper
Any one watch this this morning? There were two bunnies on there who had been introduced but were fighting....Matt Brash (the vet) perscribed pills to give the agressive rabbit more confidence :shock: anyone heard of this kind of thing before? Didn't seem to work, but when they had new runs and were introduced in the garden they got along fine. He even suggested that they could have the buns teeth removed if things didn't get better :?

Was he a qualified vet or just doing it as a hobby?!?!?!:?:?:?
I'm no bunny expert but he doesn't sound like he has a clue, remove their teeth????:cry::cry::cry:

Just thought, he could remove their legs. Then they wouldn't be able to run at each other to fight!!!!:shock:
What a muppet!!:lol:

Yeah he is a well know vet, and usually seems really competent, just to be clear, the teeth weren't removed but he suggested it as a option.

It was more the confidence boosting pills I was a bit :? at

The two buns were gorgeous :love:

Is he an American vet? I know that many people in the US have their cats declawed, because they don't want their sofas and wallpaper ripped. :roll: I have never heard of those pills, and hopefully removing teeth won't become some kind of trend among house rabbit owners.

He is a Yorkshire vet.

Not heard of the pills or removing the teeth but he does seem to like to try new things, maybe it was suggested instead of rehoming one of them?

Perhaps the pills were a placebo for the owners to give them confidence to try again.:lol:

He is a Yorkshire vet.

Not heard of the pills or removing the teeth but he does seem to like to try new things, maybe it was suggested instead of rehoming one of them?

Perhaps the pills were a placebo for the owners to give them confidence to try again.:lol:

Maybe the pills were for the owners!!:lol::lol::lol:

It seemed like the owner hadn't really researched bonding much, as they just bought a new bunny and but him into the females territory :?

There were nice pictures of them grooming at the end though :D although I reckon it was more to do with the run and being in the garden than the pills

My friend told me of this last night, I have never heard of pills being given to a bun for confidence boosting, I will have to ask my vet about that one:?

I've seen "Serene-Ums" in PAH before... sounds like it has a relaxant/ calming effect on the buns - wasn't sure on the claims myself, but maybe this is what he used to "calm" them??

Back