• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Surely not in this day and age....

capel

Warren Veteran
Look what I unearthed on an American site about rexes this morning:shock:
"From the breeders standpoint, aside from the large demand for the breed, the Mini Rex is ideal, because its small size results in lower feed bill and the ability to use smaller, more space efficient, cages. An adult Mini Rex rabbit can be raised in a cage as small as 24" x 24". A doe and her litter will, of course, require a larger cage, approximately 30" x 30"
:evil::evil:

:shock::shock: I have 3 mini rex buns. They are definitely not 'mini' enough to fit in a hutch that small!

So... if a doe has her babies, and has a litter of six (just an an example) the extra room there is 1" each for the kits? Niiiice. :?

I'm not shocked. Breeders in the USA seem to have different standards to over here. Often keeping them in square cages with wire bottoms, like lab or show cages. :(

I'm not shocked. Breeders in the USA seem to have different standards to over here. Often keeping them in square cages with wire bottoms, like lab or show cages. :(

Grrrrr, poor bunnies. I have seen those cages with the wire bottoms, that can't be any good for the poor little bunny feet that have to stand on it (or slip through):evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

What was the website??? Maybe we could Re-educate them!!!!

Back