• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For the love of...Can someone help with training?

So Destiny has decided that leather is actually a very tasty meal...Only all my seats are leather, same with all their coushens....She'll be fine when I'm in the room, but in the time it takes to go to the loo, she can make such a big hole. I really don't know how to stop her eating my leather.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I would stop her going near them with a pen or something, eating leather cant be good for her so its probably best to only let her have access to the seats when your watching :D x

I can't actually stop her with a pen though. She can jump up onto the sofa arm from standing....so I took to building a wall of boks on top of the sofa, and she can still jump onto it. I can't make it any higher without it being likely to fall on me.

Can you get some fabric throws to cover the sofas with when your not supervising? Mine are all happy to cuddle up in blankets without chewing them and it probably wont be as tempting for them as the leather :D

We banned Bunnie from the sofa for a while as she kept peeing and pooing on it! She stopped now and is allowed back up!

Now got leather sofa and at first started to scratch so was made to get off everytime, she soon learn't any mis-behaving and no sofa!

Yeah my buns have started confusing the sofa with the littertray lately too. I just don't know how to teach her that the sofa is not to be destroyed.

Back