• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smudge and Jasper... cute baby alert!

tigerbabe

Mama Doe
My first baby rabbits in about 10 years!

Smudge...
P10701962-1.jpg

and Jasper
P10701862-1.jpg

P10701762-1.jpg

They're in my bedroom for a few days til myself and the OH can sort the sheds etc out at the weekend... I'm gonna have to have a bit of a shuffle round but it should work quite well.

They are petshop rabbits, which I do feel a bit bad about. I've always been able to walk away from any animal I've seen in petshops, but I fell madly in love with Smudge as soon as I saw him. I've wanted a harlequin (which I believe he is..?) for at least 18 months, he had a naughty little gleam in his eye and was running round the pen being a bit mad etc

My OH is a bad boy who encourages me :rolleyes: :lol:
And he offered to buy him for me and cover all vaccination / vets costs etc
There was no way I could leave Jasper there alone so we got them both... I love PEW's anyway :love:

I really couldn't stand the thought of them ending up alone in tiny hutches being ignored... or as someone pointed out to me, being bought on a whim as easter bunnies.

They'll have a loving home here. I had absolutely no intention of getting more rabbits and if I hadn't got these two I wouldn't have got rabbits from anywhere else so they aren't taking up a home that could have gone to rescue buns.

I'm really not trying to justify myself to anyone on here, I suppose I'm just explaining the thoughts and processes I went through before I actually decided to go down this road :D

They are gorgeous, it's so hard to walk away from them, I can't help thinking that they will go to an awful home if i do not have them, so well done, they could have become rescue buns if they had gone to the wrong home. :D

My OH phoned me a couple of hours after dropping them off to see how his boys were... I think it must be love :lol:

Thank you, I think so too :D
They're so chilled out, not at all bothered by me moving around or making noise. They've been tucking into their hay and have been pooing well. I am totally smitten :love:

Back