• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

attention seekers or independant buns......

Wispa & Zola

Mama Doe
do your rabbits prefer to be on their own or with you?

i keep going to the rabbit pen because i feel guilty that i dont spend much time actually with them but they just ignore me and sleep under the table. zola sometimes comes on the sofa for cuddles but wispa is an independant girl who wants us to leave her and her husbun alone!!!!

they love me if i have food though!!!!

Lucius is quite independantly minded and will come when it suits him, ie, when he wants something from me.

Bigwig is a huge cuddle bun and the more I cuddle him the more he likes it:love: He seems to have got even cuddlier with age - he's 5 now, so an old man for a Frenchie.

Theo is also quite independantly minded and likes to do his own thing most of the time. He will cuddle with me for as long as I hold him, but will not come and ask for it.

Ella is a bit of a snuggler - although she would not admit it in public :lol: She's likes to lounge on the bed as well as being cuddled.

Peppermint is around about 8ish and showing signs of wear and tear, so she just wants a quiet life. She used to be a bit of a rottweiler in her younger day, but since pairing up with Harvey she is a reformed character:lol: She loves cuddles and will fall asleep for as long as I hold her. She won't come and ask though, I have to go and get her if I want a cuddle.

Harvey is truly amazing :D He firmly believes that his place is on the bed and that he should be allowed to live there full time. If I was single I would probably let him :oops: He loves to cuddle up to me whilst he is on the bed, but oddly enough when he is downstairs with Peps wifeybun he will run away if I try to pick him up. Think he is just trying to look manly in front of wifey:lol::lol:

Jeremiah is just an attention seeking little tart :lol::lol: No other way to describe him.

Both of mine love human attention.
Nuggette likes to sit on my lap for a cuddle in the afternoons and a kip. Otis just wants everyone to make a fuss of him. So he'll paw people, beg, stamp, honk, nip or jump on you if you're ignoring him.
The rest of the time they run about the lounge and make sure they jump on us in their laps of the room for a quick kiss or stroke or to see if we have anything tasty to eat. They both like to sit on the backs of the chairs front paws on our heads or shoulders to watch the TV. Strange bunnies.

aaaaahhhhhhhhh they doooooooo!!!:)

only if i have veg or pellets are in my hand.... pearl was happily sitting up the table 5 mins after i get home shes back in hiding :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

after i got brain freeze walkin home to be with them too sniffffffffffffffff

Ooh thats a good question. I find it varies from bunny to bunny. My boys always seem to be more needy and licky whereas the girls are fiery and independant. They all want to know when I have parsley though :lol:

Some of mine are, some aren't :rolleyes:

Bandit and Chico will come running over when I step out the door as they're free range and usually I have a biscuit in my pocket :oops:

Teddy and Megan are pretty good and usually come for a nose rub.

Patch and Dolly only want to know if I've got food, same with Lucky and Hazel

Last edited:
Radar, Monty and Dexter always do - my big softy boys will seek me out for strokes when loose in the garden :love::love::love:

Dennis adores attention but stokes are always on his terms. Sometimes he feels like it and is lovely, other times hes a grumpy *** and grunts :rolleyes:

Liq, Inca and Ruby don't really care I exist apart from at feeding time :roll::lol:

Jess and Fraggle, both rescues, hate any physically touch but will repond to being talked to :lol:

Edgar loves attention. He jumps on my bed at night and stands on my chest looking down at me demanding to be stroked, which is fine except his favorite time to do this seems to be 3am!:roll::lol:

Mine are both very independent and only come to see me when I got to their compound to establish if there is anything to eat. Once they realise it is just me, they just hop off.

They are huffing with me today anyway, cos I loaded them in carriers and took them to the vets for a check-up. Our vets are doing a free rabbit check this month. They were both manhandled, had their bits poked and were weighed. Poor Gloria had to have her tattles cut out of her mane with clippers cos Wolfie has been licking her so much it has all matted and I couldn't get it smoothed out. So I am not flavour of the month at all. :lol::lol:

Princess C is a massive attention seeker. She will do anything to get noticed. All she wants is someone stroking her 24/7. Chance is starting to get that way too now. So cute.

Lily likes attention but she is a bit like a cat, it has to be on her terms. And Sandy prefers to do his own thing.

Mine are all just greedy - everytime I walk past their enclosure in the living room, they all bound over and sit looking at me begging for food :lol:

Minstrel likes to be groomed, although she'd never admit it :lol: and while i'm doing that Cadbury will run round my feet and try and climb on my lap. When i've finished grooming minstrel he likes to have a fuss and a cuddle but he lets you know when he's had enough.

when they're out in the run they always come running over when you go outside and hubby says they get all excited when they hear the car pull up on the drive when i get home from work - but its only cos they know it's nearly teatime :roll::lol:

Back