• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maa to the vets - UPDATE *Postponed*

elve

Banned
Next Wednesday - I thought I'd pick the day before Easter bank holiday to get her spayed :roll: didn't realise till I'd booked it - that's the earliest they could get her in with my 'nice' vet that I trust - I bet I need 3 emergency appointments over Easter :( or 4 :(

Noticed what looked like blood in her wee yesterday, so I will try and squeeze her into my house for a week - will shunt my bed over I guess, and play nurses for a few days - eek I am totally dreading it :?

Am also dreading the car ride with my ex - but it's the only way I can get to the vets at 9am without dragging my dog-phobic son in :roll:

Last edited:
thanks :) I'm not sure how old she is - about 4 I think - she'd already had 2 grown up litters when I adopted her over 2 and a half years ago, but she looks 'grey' around her face this year, if rabbits go grey?

The blood might not be coming from the uterus, it could be a bladder infection. I'd definitely think about taking her for a check up earlier.

Aw good luck Maa... could it be a bit of cystitis tho?:? I know my sascha had what I thought was blood in her wee and it turned out to be bladder infection... Hope your little girl is okay!!:D

thanks - I just hope I can catch her :shock: She's not daft, and knows what the cat carrier's for :roll:

hmm yeah I wondered if it was a bladder infection....I'll watch her over the next few days and see how she is - it might have been because she held a HUGE wee in - she got some hay in her litter tray accidentally, and I noticed after 3 days she'd made a bed there and was refusing to wee in it, just waiting to go out in the morning :roll:

thanks - I just hope I can catch her :shock: She's not daft, and knows what the cat carrier's for :roll:

Bunnie's the same but every now and then we put her carrier out for her to play in so now when she has vets she either goes straight in it, or if she senses somethings up we put a trail of pellet up to and into it, then before she knows it the door appears behind her!:)

Bunnie's the same but every now and then we put her carrier out for her to play in so now when she has vets she either goes straight in it, or if she senses somethings up we put a trail of pellet up to and into it, then before she knows it the door appears behind her!:)

yeah but Maa's outside in a hutch (in the rain at the mo) - maybe I'll start feeding her in the carrier this week - good plan :D oooh I must get a snugglesafe too :shock:

My old Dazy girl had a tiny streak of blood in her wee, she was around 4-5, it was so small I even doubted I could see it... and I didnt see anymore for at least a year, and the next was a tiny streak too. I stupidly thought it was too small an amout to worry about, and the gap was so huge in between I didnt do anything about it (I know better these days). She eventually had to be pts from uterine cancer at around 9 yrs old, I was devastated and sooo annoyed with myself for not having her spayed as soon as I noticed... she had a good long life, but it could have been even better and longer. I hope it is just cystitis but if in doubt, I'd go for the spay option. Good luck and sending vibes. :wave:

awww don't blame yourself for that doncat - there was 4 years between you seeing the blood and her dying - and 9 is a great age even for a spayed bunny :) I'm not pro spaying as I don't know of too many old, spayed bunnies, and the op may well give them other problems that shorten their life anyway, in my opinion - but I have felt pressured by the forum I guess - I've been made to feel inadequate recently for not spaying, to the extent I didn't ask on forum about blood in Maa's wee, as I knew what the answer would be! And who knows - maybe it is a condition that would eventually lead to cancer, and it's a good thing she's being spayed :)

Back