• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Munchy

BabyBlonde

New Kit
I was wondering about my Munchy, she is a black and white broken mini lop and about a year old. I want to breed her with my harlequin dwarf lop buck BUT she was left with a buck before too long when kits and got pregnant(not with me at this stage) and had a deformed kit(dead)
will this make a difference?

Hi :wave:

Have no breeding advice I'm afraid. Is there a reason why you would want to breed with so many unwanted rescue bunnies around?

Lian x

Can't help with your question i'm afriad but there are a few breeders on the forum (the majority of members have rescue rabbits) Maybe they can answer your question when they log on

Do you know the family history of both of the rabbits you want to breed from? If the answer is no then I'd strongly advise against breeding them. The deformed kit could be a sign of a genetic problem. That could have pretty serious consequences as deformed kits can sometimes get stuck and the mother would need a c-section to remove them and it could be potential fatal.

There is some more info on breeding here: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/care/breedingrabbits.asp

Tamsin

Back