• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit wee stains on carpet

angela82

New Kit
Does anybody know what gets rabbit urine stains out of the carpet?

I read somewhere that vinegar helps, but wondered if anyone had any tips.

Angela

Just wanted to say that I bought a product called 1001 spot shot and it was amazing. I used it on quite old stains and it removed all of the pet urine from the carpet.

Highly recommended.

Just wanted to say that I bought a product called 1001 spot shot and it was amazing. I used it on quite old stains and it removed all of the pet urine from the carpet.

Highly recommended.

I think that's the one I have rather than the pet one, it also gets rid of black mascara and eyeliner that ends up on the floor :lol:

ive used vinegar...even hutch cleaner! I used to swear by simple solution...you soak the area then leave for ten minutes and blot till dry. i did this then used the steam cleaner....but after putting the simple solution down last night and putting something heavy on a puppypad turned face down to absorb most of it...i had terrible asthma attacks. Today too.

I recently bought an amazing spot cleaning machine....a bissell little green machine...it has ckeaning fluid to put in clean water tank...you switch it on and water sprays out and then you use the head front to suck up all the water. I got most of it out of my landing where phoebe just wees all the time outside my baby gate in my doorway. it got dried in as i was sick......again! The cleaner got it out and it wasn't even the pet solution bottle! There is no overwhelming stench of perfume or chemical smell and phoebe hadn't weed for weeks....until yesterday!
in my bedroom hunnybunny moves everything even litter trays so she can wee in front of lilys cage door...its disgusting. i used so much simple solution..loads came up but i now know my little green machine s the only way to go! i hate carpeting....lino and old floor tiles throughout downstairs carpet on stairs and landing..my bedroom and bits on little bedroom . floor..yuk!! i just know the two majr wee spits are dominance display but its gone right through to the underlay!

so the little machines is needed cept nikki had a go at me cos its so loud like a vacuum cleaner! it scared all the bunnies and cats and were terrified. is too painful for nikki to hear, her head feels like its going to explode.

its virtually obsolete now but i got mine from lakeland...type the cleaners name into their search space. The cleaning fluids i got from espares..online shop.

ooh lakeland still have it! its pricey but worth it as baxter french lop who drinks up to two dog bowls of water a day and pees like a horse....likes to pee on the bed settee....i was so frustrated trying to blot it scrub it and steam clean it....with the amazing little machine i got it clean in one tank!

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/23249/Bissell-Little-Green

the normal cleaner was what i used....it worked a treat!

http://www.bisselldirect.co.uk/2x-little-green-for-compacts-formula

I didn't have any luck with 1001 or vanish. I put some antiseptic/ disinfectant into a small bucket of water and use the scrubbing brush, carpet looks great now and got rid of any smells:)

Back