• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PAH complaint

Luciuslop

Alpha Buck
Popped into Pets At Home yesterday for rat food and went and had a look at the ' Adoption ' section they have set up. It actually consists of several small glass tanks that have been sandwiched between the sacks of dog food and bags of hay/straw. Two of these tiny tanks contained a rabbit each.:evil: There was no food, no hay, no toys and no beds :(:(:( There is a fluroescent tube in the tank containing a little grey and white dutch, which apart from the fact its giving out a lot of heat, its also just a few inches above the level of hte buns head, which means she could easilt burn herself. In fact, as I stood there looking she was sniffing at it but didn't actually touch it. Worst of all though is both of the buns have health problems. The Dutch has weepy eyes and the black rex has sore hocks.:(:(:( Both bunnies looked very sad and confused. Poor, poor little buns.:(

I have had a couple of run ins with PAT in the past and nothing has been done about my concerns when I returned to check. I am going to write a letter to the Manager this time.

It's awful that p@h give the idea that they are trying to help people who can not cope with their animals so they are not ashamed to give them up, when actually they are not exactly excelling themselves in providing adequate, if only temporary accommodation.

I complained the the one in portsmouth about this,and since then they have opened up the two tanks and combined them together to make it larger. They also only have 1 bunny up for adoption at a time now, whilst the others are in nero homes or hutches out the back.

that is horrendous :shock: how can anyone excuse keeping a rabbit in a bare tank heated by a light? :cry:

Have written and posted my letters - wonder if anything will be done :rolleyes:

I cannot get the image of this dutch bun sitting in that tiny tank looking so lost and confused out of my mind :cry::cry: Even got this little thought creeping in at the back of my mind that I should just go get her. I am looking for a doe at the moment, but was ideally looking for a Frenchie sized bun and really wanted a special needs girl - although i suppose the dutch bun is kind of special needs in one way. Also, concerned about the weepy eyes ... could just be stress related or could be someting more ominous, even the onset of mixy. All my lot are vaccinated, but haven't got anywhere I can quarantine a bun that is completely away from the others. Argggggghhhhhh ...... I am too soft for my own good ... why can't I be cold hearted sometimes.

Have written and posted my letters - wonder if anything will be done :rolleyes:

I cannot get the image of this dutch bun sitting in that tiny tank looking so lost and confused out of my mind :cry::cry: Even got this little thought creeping in at the back of my mind that I should just go get her. I am looking for a doe at the moment, but was ideally looking for a Frenchie sized bun and really wanted a special needs girl - although i suppose the dutch bun is kind of special needs in one way. Also, concerned about the weepy eyes ... could just be stress related or could be someting more ominous, even the onset of mixy. All my lot are vaccinated, but haven't got anywhere I can quarantine a bun that is completely away from the others. Argggggghhhhhh ...... I am too soft for my own good ... why can't I be cold hearted sometimes.

Could also indicate teeth problems.

Well done for putting your thoughts into writing.

She sounds like 'special needs' to me!

I have always found that when I go to a rescue to get a new rabbit with a certain size/shape/type n mind I always come away with something totally different - and always love them ever so much and am so glad that I got them even though they weren't what I had in mind!!!

Back