• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trying to change pellets

uniqueanneek

Alpha Buck
Hi

I'm trying to change Rocky's pellets. I bought him from Pets at Home originally (I know, I know) and he was on their junior rabbit pellets. I was reulctant to keep him on their own brand and now he's nearly 5 months I have started changing him onto excel adult pellets.

Although I've been adding them into his normal pellets slowly, and trying to do it over time, he just leaves the excel ones and eats all the rest. Should I continue on with it or assume he doesn't like them and try something else?

Or should I keep him on the Pets at home adult ones because I inspected the ingredients in both and their nutritional contents, and they are practically identical!

Hope everyone had a good weekend :)
Ax

PAH's 'own' brand are actually made by Excel thats why the ingredients are the same ;)

What about trying science selective or allen and page pellets?

Until recently we had the same problem with Bonnie who we brought from P&H. All our buns eat Oxbow Bunny Basics/T but for some unknown reason she would not touch them when i tried to mix it with her P&H feed except when there was nothing else eft to eat. However, her newly bonded friend was happily eating the oxbow pellets so I ended up just putting oxbow pellets down which she is now eating with no problems.

Back