• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elvis the Iguana as requested!!

Bluefox

Warren Scout
Ok i dug some piccies out of Elvis...... Here's the first one

10022008074.jpg

This is him posing!!

10022008073.jpg

Saying hello!!

28022008159.jpg

Munchine in his viv.

Elvis.jpg

Taking a break from munching, they eat so much then stop for a couple of mins, then start again.

IMAG0067.jpg

Munching om the kitchen floor, if you leave his door open he comes out of his own accord.

Hope you like these pics.... :D

Oh wow! He is very handsome! The BF likes him too, careful or you may have an iguana napping on your hands! ;) :lol:

You could try.....only one problem....................We had to dismantle the viv to get it in the kitchen, it's 6 ft square and 2 n half ft deep :p

WOW!! Thank you so much for putting his pics up for me :D He's AMAZING!!!! Just can't imagine having one of those free-range around the house :lol: He's fab :D

Today I brought a Chameleon which is my first lizard. Whilst talking to the assistant about Iguana's, she mentioned that they can be very difficult to look after due to their aggressive behaviour? Do you have such problems?

I would love to have an Iquana, but I'll wait unitl i have more experience in caring for Lizards.

Today I brought a Chameleon which is my first lizard. Whilst talking to the assistant about Iguana's, she mentioned that they can be very difficult to look after due to their aggressive behaviour? Do you have such problems?

I would love to have an Iquana, but I'll wait unitl i have more experience in caring for Lizards.

Well..............That all depends, on a lot of factors really.
1. Don't buy a babe iggy unless you are going to handle it daily to tame it.
2. Females are fine.
3. Males can be very hormonal......towards womens hormones (elvis doesnt have this problem,thank god) Which basically, when the're in season, and the woman, is a.ovulating or b.menstruating, they can become agressive. BUT This is ONLY with MALES and not EVERY iggy.
4.They have very sharp teeth..........but don't really bite, can do if peed off, but again elvis never has.
5. Watch out for the whip tail, which is used to attack in the wild, Elvis was a rescue, his previous owners used to hold him down on radiators, he has 2 broken toes that will never heal, but he is very trusting, he has never attempted to whip me.

The only thing that Elvis does, is cling to his bark when you lift him off it, which most Iggy's do, and i've had a few scratches from his claws.....that's it, don't let the horror stories scare you. They can honestly be very loving animals!!!:shock:

Elvis loves it when he's shedding and you peel his skin and spikes for him.....Also they are quite clean......Elvis only ever messes in his water bowl, which gets emptied down the loo, then refilled with fresh water, simple as that.

The major downside is.........................They eat :censored: loads!!!!:shock::shock: Costs us a fortune in food, him and blue have more veggies than the entire household!!!

Well..............That all depends, on a lot of factors really.
1. Don't buy a babe iggy unless you are going to handle it daily to tame it.
2. Females are fine.
3. Males can be very hormonal......towards womens hormones (elvis doesnt have this problem,thank god) Which basically, when the're in season, and the woman, is a.ovulating or b.menstruating, they can become agressive. BUT This is ONLY with MALES and not EVERY iggy.
4.They have very sharp teeth..........but don't really bite, can do if peed off, but again elvis never has.
5. Watch out for the whip tail, which is used to attack in the wild, Elvis was a rescue, his previous owners used to hold him down on radiators, he has 2 broken toes that will never heal, but he is very trusting, he has never attempted to whip me.

The only thing that Elvis does, is cling to his bark when you lift him off it, which most Iggy's do, and i've had a few scratches from his claws.....that's it, don't let the horror stories scare you. They can honestly be very loving animals!!!:shock:

Elvis loves it when he's shedding and you peel his skin and spikes for him.....Also they are quite clean......Elvis only ever messes in his water bowl, which gets emptied down the loo, then refilled with fresh water, simple as that.

The major downside is.........................They eat :censored: loads!!!!:shock::shock: Costs us a fortune in food, him and blue have more veggies than the entire household!!!

Thanks for the info. I almost brought one but was talked out of it by my partner.

I have always wanted a reptile and having discovered a very good repatile retailer in Norwich I decided to take the plunge today.

Thanks for the info. I almost brought one but was talked out of it by my partner.

I have always wanted a reptile and having discovered a very good repatile retailer in Norwich I decided to take the plunge today.

I know i'm bias, but, you should've got an iggy!!!! :lol:

I would have loved one but there is an issue with space as I already have a 100 Gal marine tank and two other large tropical tanks:shock:

One day I will have one

Ahhh you like your fish too, well just to top it off,........ (showing off now) we used to have a 260 gallon tropical tank, with an Osphronemus in there (for those of you that don't know he was a giant gourami, and giant was an understatement) he was 2.5ft long 10 inches tall and 4 inches wide, and he was called harry, again, he was a veggie......he ate a lettuce a day and loved banans and strawberries were his fave.........The tank was 7ft x 3ft x 2ft....................yes we have a big kitchen, and people did comment on it, because it was in the kitchen (front of the house) when we had the night lights on, he used to sit at the end of the tank nearest the window, bit like a guard fish!!! You could stroke his head too, we also had a stingray called Sebastian (name when we bought HER!) she ate muscles and prawns, oh and earthworms, we had to di them up from the garden!!! hehehehe :D:lol::lol::roll:

That's amazing. We have a 300lt community tank (this used to house Discus), a 260lt which has just been emptied and looking to sell, and a 125 lt tank housing two adult Discus, 1 Emperor plec and 2 tiger plecs.

The marine Tank takes up most of my time as it needs much attention to keep it running 100%. it has a yellow tang, a rare back tang, 2 clown fish, one Randol Gobbie, 2 electric blue damsons, and a baby lip tang which should grow a good size:shock:

So with the above fish and 8 bunnies, our life is constantly on the go:shock:

I'm collecting the Chameleon on Friday. I've gone for the full works with regards the set up, including a mister and a moon light so it should be a well kept lizard:D

That's amazing. We have a 300lt community tank (this used to house Discus), a 260lt which has just been emptied and looking to sell, and a 125 lt tank housing two adult Discus, 1 Emperor plec and 2 tiger plecs.

The marine Tank takes up most of my time as it needs much attention to keep it running 100%. it has a yellow tang, a rare back tang, 2 clown fish, one Randol Gobbie, 2 electric blue damsons, and a baby lip tang which should grow a good size:shock:

So with the above fish and 8 bunnies, our life is constantly on the go:shock:

I'm collecting the Chameleon on Friday. I've gone for the full works with regards the set up, including a mister and a moon light so it should be a well kept lizard:D

My OH misses the fish, i miss harry and seb, but the lil ones i wasn't too bothered about, my lil gold nugget my parents have soooo not bothered, and yes chameleon gonna have push house then!!

I love lizards, and at some point in my life I'd like to have one or two, when I have more space. Elvis is very beautiul :wave:

Back