• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good male bonding news!

shel20

Alpha Buck
Hey guys i posted a thread the other day about bonding my 16 week and new 10 week old un neutered mini lops (dont wory i plan to get them neutred asap!..heard loads of bad stories so was a bit worried! Anyway, i gave it a go and despite a lot of mountin (by alfie the older) they seem to be getting on! Bobby the younger doesnt mind bein mithered to death and is very chilled and laid back whereas alfie is bonkers and follows bobby everywhere! introduced on neutral ground and they were lying side by side within hours, so i thought it could be a good match! so this weeked have been letting them out in the kitchen, they have cages side by side and they have been hopping into each others cages, they seem to like the others cages better! hoppin in and out, eating from the same bowl, although still a lot of mounting no fighting at all,a bit of nippin by alfie but bobby just lies there??? i dont leave them alsone together, im always there and i give them time out of the cages alone but its soo funny watchin alfie get sooo excited when they are allowed out to play.! vets hav said they are most likely to fight in early satges and un neautred but they havnt so i hope they will be a good match!!! they lie feet apart fully stretched and relaxed so neither seems stressed, especially bobby! so very happy! time can only tell but fingers crossed! how do other peoples rabbits interact? do they follow each other around and explore and stuff?

Back