• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobbin Portrait - Finished....

Thea & Bobbin

Warren Veteran
.... you may have seen my siggy, which shows stages 1 and 2 of my latest portrait, featuring the handsom, and rather regal looking Bobbin! :rolleyes: :lol:

Well, it's finally finished (if I can stop myself from fiddling with it!) :lol:

Oil on canvas, 50x40cm (20x16 inches)

2321808638_c47d7d7a38.jpg

Detail
2320996887_8b91e3b672.jpg

There are lots of bits that I'm not happy with, but there comes a time where you have to stop and accept it before you actually make it heaps worse!! :lol:

I hope you like it. Any advice, or constructive critique welcome! :D

thats amazing :shock: i cant pick one fault with it hun you are truelly talented!

my sisters an artist as well shes amazing but she'll always pick faults with her work lol even when its perfect.... must be an artist thing ;)

you could make a buisness doing pet portraits :D

xx

More to the point, when are you going to do Timmy's for me??????????;):D :D :D :D :D

That is absolutely INCREDIBLE, Hun !!!!!:D :D

That's amazing!! are there no end to your talents!! I'm very jealous I have trouble drawing stick people!!! :rolleyes:

oh wow hun thats amazing.. how much do you charge??? your very talented hun

Thank you my dear!
This was not supposed to be a marketing ploy at all :rolleyes: :oops: but if you are interested please PM me :)

my sisters an artist as well shes amazing but she'll always pick faults with her work lol even when its perfect.... must be an artist thing ;)

you could make a buisness doing pet portraits :D

xx

I will never be 100% happy with ANYTHING! :roll: :lol: But I have noticed that art grows on me, I much prefer some older pieces I have done to most recent ones. Maybe I need to put them in a cupboard and get them out 10 years later! ;)

I would love to do it as a living, I guess it's just taking the plunge and diving into it!

When are you starting Broome's?! :lol:

Broome's is most certainly in the pipeline! :D :wave:

That's amazing!! are there no end to your talents!! I'm very jealous I have trouble drawing stick people!!! :rolleyes:

Oh don't! You'll make me blush :oops: :lol:

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments, glad you liked it :)

That is one of the best bunnie prtraits i have ever seen, to the extent i could see it being published and reprinted everywhere, when you doing Blue's? :D:D

i'm so envious of painters, i can't paint for toffee. i can draw but concerntrate mainly on sculpture and photography.

this painting is amazing and i'll give you some constructive crit if you don't hate me for it! i would try and add a little more depth to the shadows as i feel bunny looks a little 2D at the moment. that's only my eye though, i overstudy art sometimes! neverthe less, it's amazing and i'm immensely jealous of your talent!

i'm so envious of painters, i can't paint for toffee. i can draw but concerntrate mainly on sculpture and photography.

this painting is amazing and i'll give you some constructive crit if you don't hate me for it! i would try and add a little more depth to the shadows as i feel bunny looks a little 2D at the moment. that's only my eye though, i overstudy art sometimes! neverthe less, it's amazing and i'm immensely jealous of your talent!

No, that's brilliant, thank you. I find putting shadow in fur particularly difficult, especially on the white areas. You can see where I've highlighted and darkened the fur in the appropriate places, however I always fear going to far thinking that it's not longer going to appear white! :rolleyes: :lol:

No, that's brilliant, thank you. I find putting shadow in fur particularly difficult, especially on the white areas. You can see where I've highlighted and darkened the fur in the appropriate places, however I always fear going to far thinking that it's not longer going to appear white! :rolleyes: :lol:

i can imagine it's hard to put deeper shadows in white, how do you make "dark white"?! this is why i don't paint!! i always worry about overdoing work and ruining it.... then crying!

how long did it take to do?

Back