• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Who's a happy non-hopper then?

Stephanie Cutler

Warren Scout
Hi guys just letting you knw that i took the little bunny that couldnt move his back legs to the vets late last night. He has had a steroid injection to reduce any swelling on his spinal cord. It doesnt look like his spine is damaged. He is eating lots (getting spoiled) and drinking and going to the toilet with aa bit of help from me. Yesterday he must have been in shock because today he is having lots of fun pulling himself aroun with his partner and nibbling the vast cuisine on offer. I hope he does get the use of his hoppy legs back, but if he doesnt theres no way ill let him get put down. He does not seem in the slightest bit phased! cheekey boy! i think h e is enjoying the attention. Iv only known him for 24 hours and he thinks im his best mate;) Oh and btw these two were braught to the sanctuary originally because they could not be picked up and were biting! eh:shock: Rubbish!
Will keep all updated,
Fiver- hopeful for 2012 paraolympics and the rest of the fury mob.xx

Fantastic news, well done all and well done Fiver - hope you do make it to the Paraolympics:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Please keep us updated and if you can, post a piccie of him :)

Snuggle him from me :)

Thats really cheered me up that bunny is eating and happy :) Sending lots of vibes for a quick recovery x

Last edited:
lots of good vibes!!! hope he does ok.

Our rescue bunny was given to pets at home rescue scheme because he was a biter. Must have got Nermal 4 months ago, and he hasn't even attempted to bite. He's so sweet its hard to imagine anyone had the heart to give him away.

Back