• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i cant decide!!!!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
I really want my four to be a group, but i want to know what youre opinions are on 2 bucks in a foursome??

Peanut Butter - Buck
Jelly - Doe
they are a pair, jelly is the dom one

Domino - Buck
Pebbles - Doe
pair, domno is the dom one

They see each other everyday because there hutches are near each other, it used 2 make them angry but it doesn anymore, they jus ignore each other.

do you think becase peanut is submissive it may work???

im not sure whether to try it or not....

id be more worried that jelly will beat up pebbles, motherinlaw from hell syndrome :shock::shock::shock:

good luck if you decide to go for it hun, you wont know till you try.. gooooooooooooooo for it..... not that i would im too wimpy to try a pair :oops::oops::oops:

Think it really depends on whether one buck is prepared to let the other one be the boss! :lol: There was no debating the fact that Ant would be top bun and Beemer is happy for it to be that way:D Ant is bigger physically which may have been an advantage. Think it really depends on the buns although you did say that Jelly was more dominant in the partnership ... so it doesn't sound like an impossibility that the boys would be ok...

Is there a rescue/experienced bonder near you who could help you at least give it a try?

I am a bit concerned about little pebbles as shes so shy and jelly is a :censored:. lol

id love for sum1 to help me with the initial couple of hours or something, just for support lol but theres nobody close 2 me. its also the fact that im off to university in september...and my mum is caring for them when im away. Ill be back every coupe of months and have long summer and xmas breaks, but i think if they are a four they will have more company and it wil be less 4 my mum.

I have a 4, 1 girl and 3 boys.. The boys have been fine with each other from day one its Furby the female of the group that can be a little madam.

We've had two buck bondings, both done by the rabbits themselves :rolleyes:

Smokey and Magic adored each other and eventually made part of the big five and more recently Chico has reunited himself with his brother Blue and his partner Harley.

Just need to pluck up the courage to add Bandit to them, she's a devil as is Harley her mummy :roll:

ive bonded 3 pairs, 2 of my own and one 4 my mums work. so i can do bondings, but im worried about it being a group. its a shame nobody is local enough that cud pop round 4 the afternoon or something to calm my nerves lol

I have a bonded 9 - 4 unrelated boys, & 5 girls - only 2 related. They are all pretty close. All are neutered/spayed.
Just take a group bonding slow, & neutral, neutral, neutral:D

ive bonded 3 pairs, 2 of my own and one 4 my mums work. so i can do bondings, but im worried about it being a group. its a shame nobody is local enough that cud pop round 4 the afternoon or something to calm my nerves lol

Id come round and help u if i could SJ but im the opposite end of the UK 2 ya :wave:

Id come round and help u if i could SJ but im the opposite end of the UK 2 ya :wave:

Likewise! Why don't you do another post "Does anyone live near ...." and see if you can find someone ... esp. if it's moral support you're after rather than bonding experience x

have made one! but i dunno if anyones around here! i mean im not doing it ul til july anyway...i have like 8 weeks off until university so i figured thats the best time 2 try it!:lol:

My experience is that mixing bonded couples is a big no no. Although I've noticed members on here have managed to bond large mixed sex groups. It must just be my lot. They'd rip each other apart. :(

Hi hun, I live in essex, but cant drive I'm afraid!!:( I have bonded rabbits and will be doing some of it myself soon again too (oh what fun:shock::lol:) My only concern would be your Jelly... if she is very dominant, it would have to be a very gradual bond?? I hasten to add I have only bonded pairs as I too chicken to bond a group and all my does have been highly terratorial (sp?)..
Wish you luck pet!!!:D

eeek!lol i dont drive either or i wud have come and got you and begged u 2 help me lol!!!

jelly is dominant, but i bonded her with peanut ten days after her spay as she knew him anyway, so now...shes ALOT calmer...so im hoping she will be okay.
i think jelly and domino may clash....

Back